Jobs Abroad : Associate Scientist – Antibody Discovery @ J&J
This job expires in :
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Johnson & Johnson strives to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life. The organization is comprised of more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 128,700 employees. With Global sales of USD $74.3 billion in 2014, Johnson & Johnson is recognized as one of the most admired and respected companies in the world. Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers.
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
Job Title : Senior Associate Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Requisition ID : 2487171019
Locations :United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
This is an opportunity to work with a fast paced, highly functional research team that is focused on the discovery and development of biologic therapies. This position supports Janssen Biotherapeutics R&D through the development and analysis of immunization strategies and technologies to augment therapeutic candidate identification. As a Senior Associate Scientist responsibilities include:
- Perform experiments aimed at generating antibodies directed at targeted epitopes within a protein
- Perform experiments to assess timing and magnitude of B lymphocyte responses to novel antigens
- Evaluate new technologies for antibody discovery and better antigen design
- The position also requires preparation of reports, strong data analysis skills, ability to interpret results and contribute to the design of follow-up experiments, and ability to effectively communicate results
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other relevant scientific field, with at least 2 years of industry research experience OR a Master’s degree with at least 1 year of industry experience or with relevant academic experience is required
- Experience in pre-clinical model immunology and B lymphocyte cell biology is required
- Experience in assay development and optimization, cell culture and flow cytometry are required
- Experience in serum titer determination including ELISA and MSD is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Immunoglobulin structure and antibody sequence analysis is preferred
- Experience with membrane proteins including GPCRs and novel immuno-oncology targets is preferred
- Industry experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to propose and design experiments, troubleshoot issues with assay performance, work in a matrix organization and effectively present results and conclusions is required
Editor’s Note: Looking for more jobs on abroad, job abroad, jobs abroad, jobs in abroad, job in abroad, jobs aboard, abroad job opportunities, then make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. You can also follow us on all of our social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. You can also download our app for free from the app store and it is compatible for all phones.