Govt Job @ SACON | Extension Officer Post – PhD Biological Sciences Apply
This job expires in :
Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India requires an Extension Officer in the pay scale of Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 + 6,600 (PB-3).
Job Title : Extension Officer
No. of Posts : 01
Pay Scale : Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 + 6,600 (PB-3).
Essential Qualifications :
i) Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from a recognized university,
ii) a minimum of five years of experience in extension work, and
iii) a good track record of research supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Desirable : Experience in setting up Extension Centres, organizing TV and other media programmes, good communication and editorial skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
i) Conduct / coordinate extension and education programmes in the field of Natural History
ii) Develop linkages with other organizations and contribute to institutional activities of
iii) Provide editorial inputs in bringing out Newsletter, Annual and Technical reports of
How to Apply :
- Salary, allowances and other benefits such as CPF, Medical reimbursement, gratuity and LTC will be as per SACON rules.
- Appointment will be on contract basis for a period of five years and continuance of the same will be based on performance.
- Age of the applicants should not be more than 35 years as on the last date for receiving
applications. Relaxation in age limit is available as per existing Govt. of India rules.
- Neatly typed application on the prescribed form with self-attested copies of testimonials of academic qualifications, research experience, date of birth etc., should reach “The Director, Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Anaikatty Post, Coimbatore – 641108 (Tamil Nadu)” on or before 17th December 2017. Applications not received in the prescribed form are liable to be rejected. The envelope containing application should be superscribed with “Application for the post of Extension Officer”. Applications received without self-attested copies of supporting documents and/or incomplete in any other respects shall not be considered. No original documents should be sent with applications, and they should be produced only at the time of interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at SACON.
- Candidates, employed with other institutions/organizations/firms should send their applicationsthrough proper channel and should produce `No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview. In such cases, an advance copy of the application in personal capacity may be sent.
- Canvassing in any form is liable to immediate rejection of the candidature, and Director,
SACON reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
- Date of Interview – Wednesday, 4th October 2017
- Registration Time – 09:30 to 10:15hr
- Venue of Interview – SACON, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Editor’s Note: Are you looking for more information on government job opportunities? Do not know where to find information on the same? Have you heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? For more on phd jobs,jobs for phd, job phd, jobs for phd graduates, jobs with a phd,jobs phd, biological science, biological sciences, biological sciences courses make sure you are following Biotecnika on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook. You can also download our app for free.