DBT-BIRAC, National Biopharma Mission – Program Manager Posts Vacant
This job expires in :
About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT.
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will housethe Program Management Unit (PMU) thatwould work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
Program Manager (Vacancy – 3)
Position Code : NBM/PMU-02
i. Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager (PM) will serve in the Program Management Unit for i3 program at BIRAC and should have expertise in the translational sciences and product development related to Biotherapeutics (vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, Biosimilars) and Devices and Diagnostics.
Reporting to Mission Director (PMU), the PM will have the opportunity to interact and work with thought leaders and leading scientists both in India and internationally; contribute to strategic thinking and forward looking analysis in relevant areas; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under the Mission.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program which includes writing of RFAs for soliciting proposals, working with national and international experts for scientific evaluation and assessment of proposal.
- Manage substantial portfolio of complex grants requiring high-level grant management skills.
- Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready for the I3 Program.
- Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
- Responsible for all Program Investment and Financial Planning.
- Ensure timely execution of all activities.
- Proper monitoring both technical and financial of the projects working closely with the SAG, TAG and SC for project review, new area prioritization and preparing a strategy for implementation.
- Responsible for organizing all Meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
- In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Manager must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
- Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
- To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC, DBT and World Bank.
ii. Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. / equivalent in Life Science / Biological Sciences with broad and deep knowledge in project management in the areas of health care.
- 5-8 years of experience in academic, industry or similar position.
- Experience in Project management, monitoring and evaluation, including development of conceptual frameworks, management of monitoring systems, implementation and – supervision of evaluations and reporting of evaluation findings.
- Experience in technology assessment and matching novel technologies in the field of Bio-therapeutics and medical devices and diagnostics development preferred.
- Experience in the execution, conduct and/or management of performance based grants, contracts or cooperative agreements.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
- Strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Technical Proficiency in relevant areas like Vaccines, Biotherapeutics and Medical Devices which include experience in conducting research, product development and conducting clinical trials with understanding of the regulatory environment.
iii. Age Limit – 45 years as on the date of closing of applications.
All positions are on a 3 years contract extendable by 2 years on the length of the Program duration based on performance.
How to Apply:
Attractive Emoluments commensurate with qualification and experience will be as per the decision of the Selection Committee for the level of appointment. Indicative levelwise remuneration is given in the Table at Document II.
Last Date of Application is 30th November, 2017.
Editor’s Note: Are you looking to be notified of all of the golden opportunities like the one posted above? Not sure where to look for the same? Have you heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? It is a free subscription based service that allows you to gain access to all of the latest job opportunities via your inbox and apply for them as well. For more phd jobs,jobs for phd, job phd, jobs for phd graduates, jobs with a phd,jobs phd, make sure you are subscribed to and keeping up with all things Biotecnika.