NBFGR Recruitment 2017 – MSc & PhD Candidates Eligible for Walk-In
This job expires in :
A walk-in-interview is scheduled on 27th October, 2017 from 10:00 hrs. onwards at ICAR-National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Lucknow for selection of Young Professional-I and Young Professional-II on contractual basis at ICAR-NBFGR, Lucknow. Eligible and desirous candidates fulfilling all the requirements may appear for the interview with
duly filled in application form giving full details of academic records and experience(s). The details are as follows:-
Job Title : Senior Research Fellow
Essential Qualification : Degree in the relevant subject Ph.D. degree Or Master’s
degree with the integrated degree like B. Tech. & M. Tech. (5 years) Or Graduates with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and professional Master’s degree (3 years) like M. Tech. Or
Master’s degree in Basic Sciences with 2 years research experience and should have NET qualified.
Subject in Master’s/Ph.D.: Fishery Science/Biotechnology/Life Sciences with specialization in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics.
Ist division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average in Graduation and Master’s degree.
Desirable Qualification : Research work experience at a reputed lab in
sequencing techniques, Linux operation,genomics/transcriptomics NGS data analysis through bioinformatic tools.
Job Title : Research Associate
Essential Qualification : Ph.D. in Life Science or Zoology or related discipline with
experience in Fisheries Science. OR Master’s degree in Fish & Fisheries Science or Zoology or basic science or Life Science with 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university and at least two years research experience, preferably in fisheries.
Desirable Qualification : Expertise in catfishes (Pangasius/C. batrachus/Rita etc.) with
published research papers and experience in fish biology, taxonomy & good knowledge of computer.
Job Title : Senior Research Fellow (Bioinformatics)
Essential Qualification : Post Graduate Degree in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Life
Science/Fisheries with NET and two years of research experience. Or Graduate Degree in Professional Course in above subjects with NET and two years of research experience.
Desirable Qualification : Working experience in analysis of genome data generated from
various NGS platform and good knowledge in computer applications. Research experience in Molecular biology/Genetics and good knowledge in computer applications.
Job Title : Research Associate (Bioinformatics)
Essential Qualification : Ph.D. (Bioinformatics/Biotechnology) or Post Graduate Degree
Professional Course in Bioinformatics with 3 years working experience with one research paper in science citation indexed journal
Desirable Qualification : Experience in assembly/analysis/annotation of Next
Generation/Whole Genome Sequence Data generated from various NGS platform, working knowledge in different genomic software
How to Apply:
- Above positions are purely temporary, and initially up to 31.03.2018 may be terminated by the Director, ICARNBFGR, Lucknow without assigning any reasons at any stage. The same can be extended on half yearly basis on candidate’s every 06-monthly performance assessment and fund availability.In any case the maximum tenure
will be upto the approved duration of the project by the funding agency.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear for interview who fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
- All the eligible candidates appearing for interview should bring their coloured passport size photograph and all
the original certificates along with self attested photocopies in support of their educational
qualification/experience at the time of interview.
- Place of work will be at ICAR-NBFGR, Lucknow.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in Interview.
- All eligible candidates are requested to be present 30 minutes before scheduled time on the date of Interview for
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
- The selection will be based on Academic Performance, Research Experience and performance in interview.
- The decision of Director, ICAR-NBFGR, Lucknow will be final and binding in all aspects
- Date of Interview – 28th October, 2017
- Time of Interview – 10:00 hrs. onwards
- Venue of Interview – ICAR-National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Lucknow
Editor’s Note: For more information on jobs suitable for post graduates and graduates in life sciences, like the ones posted above, make sure you subscribe to the Newsletter that is exclusive to Biotecnika – Biotecnika Times. For more on life science jobs, life sciences jobs, jobs in life sciences,jobs for life science, life science job, life science graduate jobs, jobs life sciences, jobs in life science, job in life science, life sciences jobs, jobs life sciences, msc job, jobs for msc graduates, msc vacancies, msc careers, msc recruitment, then keep visiting us.