INDIAN VETERINARY RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Izatnagar-243122, Bareilly, INDIA
A walk in interview is scheduled, for the engagement of the following positions in DBT funded time bound project entitled “Role of carbonylated proteins in the virulence of Salmonella”. The engagement is purely temporary on contractual basis and will be liable for termination at any time in case of the unsatisfactory performance or co-terminus with the project. There will be no provision of absorption/re-employment in ICAR-IVRI/DBT on termination of the project.
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title : “Role of carbonylated proteins in the virulence of Salmonella”.
Principal Investigator – Dr. Manish Mahawar
Age – 35 years
Emoluments – Rs. 28,000.00 per month plus HRA as per DBT guidelines.
- Essential – Master degree in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Life sciences and related disciplines with NET/GATE or equivalent qualification and 2 years of research work experience. Graduate degree in professional course with NET qualification or Post draduate degree in professional course with 2 years of research experience.
- Desirable – The work will include target identification, mutant constructions, determination of the contribution of gene(s) in the Salmonella virulence and evaluation of the mutants in mice and poultry. The SRF will work as a part of the team and expected to carry out a part of the project objectives independently and/ or to assist the other workers as needed. Working knowledge of Proteomics and Molecular Biology Techniques (Protein purification, Western blotting, DNA/RNA isolation, Cloning, Bacterial culture, Transformation, PCR and other related techniques) will be an added advantage. Experience working with animal models like mice/poultry would be a plus. The experience should be evident ONLY through dissertation work/ research publications in good quality referred journals
Candidates attending interview should bring a copy of biodata, original certificates and marksheets and two passport size photographs. The applicants may submit a copy of their biodata in advance by post/e-mail. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview
- Date of Interview – 05-10-2017
- Time of Interview – 11:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Division of Biochemistry, ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243122, Bareilly (UP).