INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
Industrial Research & Development Unit
Hauz Khas, New Delhi -110016
Advertisement No.: IITD/IRD/152/2017
Candidates of Indian nationality are invited to appear for the Walk-in test / interview for project appointments under the following project. Appointment shall be on contractual basis on consolidated pay renewable yearly or upto the duration of the project, whichever is earlier.
Job Title – Jr. Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 01
Project Title – Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) – Based De Novo Assembly of Expressed Transcripts and Genome Information in North-East India (RP02943)
Principal Investigator – Prof. D. Sundar
Funding Agency – Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Duration of the Project – Upto:06.08.2018
Deptt./ Centre – Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology
Consolidated Pay –
- Rs.25,000/- p.m. plus HRA @ 30% Or
- Rs.12,000/- p.m. plus HRA @ 30% (without NET qualified candidates)
- Essential: Candidates having first class B. Tech. / M.Sc. Degree or equivalent in Bioinformatics / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Molecular Biology or any other related field with NET.
- Desirable: Candidates having computer skills (Linux, Perl, Java, MySQL) and / or experience in next generation sequencing (NGS), data analysis, pathway analysis, MD Simulations will be preferred.
The candidates who fulfill the above qualifications/experience should appear for the interview. Kindly bring your formal application on Form No. IRD/REC-4, which can be downloaded from IRD Website (http://ird.iitd.ac.in/rec) through proper channel along with complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating percentage of marks of each examination passed, details of work experience and a recent passport size photograph, along with original certificates (both academic & professional) for verification on the date of interview. No candidate, who is already employed at the Institute / IRD shall be interviewed unless his/her application has been duly forwarded by their concerned establishment/sections. 5% relaxation of marks may be granted to the SC/ST Candidates. In case of selection of a retired/superannuated government employee, his/her salary will be fixed as per prevailing IRD norms.
In case any clarification is required on eligibility regarding the above post, the candidate may contact Prof. D. Sundar at his e-mail id: [email protected]
- Date of Interview – 20/09/2017
- Time of Interview – 03.00 p.m.
- Venue of Interview – Committee Room No. 230, Block-I, Department of Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016.