ICAR-National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology & Disease Informatics
Ramagondanahalli, Yelahanka, Bengaluru -560 064
A walk in interview for two positions of Project Fellow, Four positions of Project Assistants under CDC Project and two positions of Senior Research Fellow and one position of Office Assistant under NICRA Project purely on contract basis will be held at 11.00 a.m. on 22-9-2017. Further, one position of Research Associate, two positions of Junior Research Fellow, one Position each of Young Professional-I (CSF/IBR Project, Paramedical Staff and Mechanical) under various Projects purely on contract basis will be held at 11. 00 am on 23-9-2017 at ICAR-National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics, Ramagondanahalli, Yelahanka, Bengaluru-560 064. All the positions are co-terminus with the respective projects.
Project Title : CDC funded project “Countrywide surveillance for Anthrax in livestock and Mastitis in cattle for protecting and Improving Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, System, Capacity”
Job Title : Project Fellow (One position)
Remuneration : Rs. 45,000/- p.m (Consolidated) for Ph.D. holders and Rs.43,000 p.m. consolidated for others
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Public Health/Microbiology/ Parasitology/ Epidemiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry OR
- M.Sc. in Microbiology/Biotechnology /Biochemistry/Pathology/Parasitology/Life Science from recognized university with NET qualification and two years research experience
Ph.D. in concerned subject Research experience in Molecular Microbiology as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed journals Good command in English language with scientific writing skill
- Assist the PI in executing the surveillance as well as training activities.
- Procurement of consumables & execution of laboratory works, collection of samples.
- Laboratory processing of samples for bacterial isolation/characterization, and reporting.
- Assist in preparation of SOPs/ manual/ reports/ manuscripts /ppt etc.,
- Assist in maintenance of comprehensive epidemiological data and statistical analysis
Job Title : Project Assistant (Three positions)
Remuneration : Rs. 25,000/- p.m (Consolidated)
- Essential – M.Sc. in Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Parasitology/ Epidemiology/Statistics/Life Science from recognized university with NET
- Desirable – At least one year research experience Good command in English with scientific writing skill
- Assist in investigation.
- Frequent Travel to study areas, field visit and data collection through questionnaire.
- Organize/conduct training/extension programmes.
- Data compilation and other services/analysis
Project Title : CDC funded project on “ Countrywide Surveillance for Anthrax in livestock and Mastitis in Cattle for protecting and improving health globally; Building and strengthening public health impact, systems, capacity” ( Anthrax component)
Job Title : Project Fellow ( One position) & Project Assistant (One position)
Remuneration : Rs. 45,000/- per month (Consolidated) & Rs. 25,000 /- per month (consolidated)
- Ph.D in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Public health/ Biochemistry/ Statistics/ Parasitology/ Life Science from recognized university with research experience in relevant subject.
- M.Sc. in Microbiology /Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Public health/ Biochemistry/ Statistics/Life sciences from recognized university with NET
- Hands on training with standard Bacteriological techniques specially on Bacillus anthracis isolation & culturing
- Molecular techniques like PCR, Real Time PCR, cloning and ELISA
- Preference for person with laboratory working experience on Anthrax
- Knowledge of computer tools/application, ability to compile data and statistical analysis
- Preference for person with multiple spoken regional languages (Kannada/ Oriya/Hindi/Bengali/Bhojpuri/ Bihari)
- Animal handling and clinical sample collection
- Interest in frequent travel to distant study areas
- Knowledge on Basic microbiological techniques/medicine/therapy
- Preference for person with laboratory working experience on Anthrax
- Good communication/ Computer skills
- and spoken regional languages (Kannada/Hindi/Tamil/Telug u)
- Assist in executing the surveillance as well as training activities on Anthrax
- Procurement of consumables & execution of laboratory works along with coordination with states (Karnataka, Odisha, Jharkhand)
- Participating in anthrax disease outbreak investigations, collection of clinical samples & supervision field survey
- Laboratory processing of clinical samples for bacterial isolation/ characterization, diagnosis and reporting.
- Assist the Co-investigators in preparation of SOPs/ manual/reports/manuscripts/ppt etc.,
- Assist in maintenance of comprehensive epidemiological data from three states (Karnataka, Odisha, Jharkhand) and statistical analysis
- Assist in investigation of suspected Anthrax outbreaks and collection of environmental/clinical samples from livestock.
- Collection, Packaging & transportation of clinical materials
- Frequent Travel to study areas in Karnataka, field visit and data collection through questionnaire
- Preliminary laboratory processing & diagnosis Organize/conduct training/extension programmes at sites
- Collaborate with line departments/partners to ensure regional coverage in the state of Karnataka and the validity of the surveillance network.
- Data compilation and other services/analysis for the state of Karnataka.
- Other specific services and analysis under the project
Project Title : NICRA Project
Job Title : SRF (One position)
Remuneration : Rs. 25000/- +HRA PM for first 2 years and Rs. 28000/- for 3 rd year
- Essential – M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Microbiology with NET or GATE qualified
- Desirable – Experience in Epidemiological data analysis, vector data collections, pathogen detection etc
Project Title : DBT-BBSRC-FADH Project on “Development of diagnostic systems, reference collections and molecular epidemiology studies for important arboviral pathogens of livestock of India”
Job Title : Research Associate-I (One position)
Remuneration : Rs. 36,000/- per month + HRA
Qualifications: Ph.D. in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Pathology/Parasitology or equivalent degree OR Having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after M.VSc in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Pathology/Parasitology with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal
Project Title : DST funded project entitled “Understanding the genetic diversity of Taenia solium cysticercosis and development of recombinant antigen based diagnostic assays for sero-surveillance.”
Job Title : JRF (Two Positions)
Remuneration : Rs.25000.00 +HRA PM
Qualifications: Master Degree in science with specialization in Bioinformatics/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Microbiology with NET qualification
- Research Associate – 40 years for men and 45 ears for women as on the date of advertisement
- JRF/SRF/Project Assistant/Fellow – 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on the date of advertisement
Candidates are required to bring testimonials in original and one set of self-attested copies of testimonials & one passport size colour photo along with completed application form which may be downloaded from the website (www.nivedi.res.in), at the time of interview. Candidate’s reporting time is from 9.30 AM to 11.00 AM on each day for respective positions and thereafter candidates will not be allowed to attend the Interview.
- Date of Interview – 23-9-2017
- Time of Interview – 11. 00 am
- Venue of Interview – ICAR National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics, Ramagondanahalli, Yelahanka, Bengaluru-560 064