NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
(An Autonomous Institution of the Government of India)
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, INDIA
Tel: +91-33-25892151 www.nibmg.ac.in
NIBMG is looking for motivated and bright individuals interested to explore career opportunities in exciting research projects of the Institute in positions as below. These positions are contractual and appointments will be initially given for one year, which are extendable depending upon performance and requirements of the project.
Systems Medicine Cluster (SyMeC): Accelerating Systems Medicine using a Cluster Approach
Today, medicine is largely reactive. A medical practitioner treats the illness of a person, with varying levels of success. With the rise of genomics and the accumulation of large amounts of data on various diseases, a new systems-based approach to medicine has emerged. Clinical practitioners and researchers are increasingly realising that our bodies do not work as a set of independent components, but rather as an interacting system, with genes, proteins, cells and organs interacting with each other and the environment in complex ways. The understanding of this system will result in a transcendental change in medical practice; from reactive medicine, based on disease, to a predictive and preventive one centered on health. However, to effect this transition, complementary multi-domain expertise and experience are necessary.
In conformity with the national priority of stimulating investment in biotechnology, a Biocluster has been created. The Biocluster is a platform – both intellectual and logistical – for generating required biological and medical evidence to accelerate systems medicine. The Biocluster comprises six institutions:
- Bose Institute,
- CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology,
- Indian Institute of Science Education & Research,
- Indian Statistical Institute,
- National Institute of Biomedical Genomics,
- Tata Medical Centre;
with the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics serving as the co-ordinating institution.
Job Title : Experimental Laboratory Manager
No.of.Posts : 02
Consolidated Retainer Fee [INR] Per Month (Commensurate with qualifications and experience) : 60,000/- to 80,000/-
- Essential – (1) PhD in Genomics or a related discipline, (2) Minimum 5 years of experience of working on high-throughput genomics platforms, (3) Experience in management of biological laboratory, (4) Strong letters of recommendation from previous employers/supervisors.
- Desirable – (1) Degree/Diploma in Management; (2) Conversance with Quality Assurance and GLP; (3) Proven track record of independent academic work and leadership; (4) Two years’ experience in management of a service laboratory
Nature of Duty :
(1) Management and coordination (including hands on work) of laboratory facilities, execution of projects in time bound manner, (2) Implementation of Quality Assurance and GLP measures
Job Title : Administrative Coordinator
No.of.Posts : 01
Consolidated Retainer Fee [INR] Per Month (Commensurate with qualifications and experience) : 30,000/- to 40,000/-
- Essential – 1) MSc or equivalent in Life Sciences or related subject
- Desirable – (1) Good written and oral communications skills (2) Experience in procurement of laboratory reagents (3) Masters in Business Administration or equivalent
Nature of Duty :
(1) Administrative management of facilities, (2) Procurement and handling of shipment clearances of reagents (3) Documentation support (4) Coordination with collaborating organizations
How to Apply:
Applicants should email their application as per enclosed format (http://www.nibmg.ac.in/?q=notices) clearly mentioning the name of position in the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by 15 October 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be called for interview by email only. No correspondence will be made with applicants who are not shortlisted/called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. Each applicant can apply for only one position.
Application Deadline – 15 October 2017