ICMR-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PATHOLOGY
SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL CAMPUS,
NEW DELHI – 110 029
Applications are invited for one post of Scientist S-1 (Non-Medical), to be filled up on purely temporary basis at ICMR-National Institute of Pathology, New Delhi under the task-force project entitled “Second Phase of Biomedical Informatics Centres of ICMR.” The aim of this task-force is to nucleate and support informatics in medical research through organizing training programs, providing data management and analysis services to medical researchers and conduct research on understanding genetic causes of complex diseases through Association Studies and identifying potential diagnostic, drug and vaccine candidates using high throughput technologies. The position at present is tenable up to 31/3/2018. Eligible candidates may attend walk-in-interview at ICMR-National Institute of Pathology, Safdarjang Hospital Campus, New Delhi on 25/8/2017 at 9 A.M.
Job Title : Scientist – I
No.of.Posts : 01
Project Title : “Second Phase of Biomedical Informatics Centres of ICMR.”
Age Limit : Not exceeding 35 years. Relax-able up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard.
Salary : Consolidate Salary as per ICMR norms – Approx. Rs 44,730/- pm + HRA as applicable (likely to be revised)
Essential – 1. 1st Class M.Sc. in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, biostatistics or allied biological science
2nd Class M.Sc. + Ph.D. in bioinformatics/computer science/ computational biology/biostatistics/ allied biological science
2. Two years post-qualifying degree experience in relevant area.
1. Ph.D. in Bioinformatics/ computer science/ computational biology/ Comparative Genomics/ systems biology/ Allied fields.
2. Experience in handling and analyzing Next-Generation Sequencing Data. DNA-seq and RNA-seq data analysis, gene network analysis and annotations.
3. Experience in Java and/or C/C++ on a LINUX/UNIX platform and/or scripting and analysis languages (R, Matlab, Python, PERL).
4. Experience developing Web applications using Python/Django and JQuery.
5. Strong statistical background, previous industry experience, familiarity with common bioinformatics tools, experience with high performance computing, experience working in cancer biology or human /microbial genomics / proteomics.
6. Experience in conceptualizing and executing collaborative/independent research projects
Duties / Responsibilities:
1) Work on research projects available at Bioinformatics Centre
2) Developing programs, web interfaces and databases for intramural as well as extramural
activities/projects of Bioinformatics Centre
3) Help in task-force activities such as organizing meetings, training programs, preparing minutes, background documents reports, budget etc. and providing consultancy/assistance to medical research groups on using Bioinformatics tools and techniques for their research
1) PhD or MD in relevant subject shall be treated equivalent to three years of experience.
2) Candidates with PhD or M.Tech degree will be preferred.
Application Instructions :
1. The post is to be filled up only on purely temporary basis and co-terminus with the project.
2. The appointment can be terminated with one month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
3. Since the post is purely temporary, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
4. Benefits of provident fund, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. are not applicable.
5. Age relaxation is for SC, ST & OBC candidates as per Govt. Rules. Age relaxation may be considered for deserving and highly qualified experienced person on the recommendation of selection committee.
6. No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the Interview or joining of post and candidate should make his/her own arrangement for stay for interview and joining of post
7. Qualification and experience should be from a reputed organization
8. Experience will be counted only after completion of minimum educational qualification
9. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee for the interview call and selection.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11. Consolidated salary of each post may be revised as per ICMR instructions.
12. In case more than 15 candidates turn out for walk-in interview, a written test will be conducted to shortlist for personal interview.
13. Candidates must bring along with them all the relevant documents in original and one set of self attested photocopies of the same and one passport size recent colour photograph.
14. An advance copy of application should be sent through email to [email protected] highlighting experience in relevant area along with list of publications and two referees. (ii) Documentary proof of Date of Birth (iii) Experience certificate from previous and current employer (iv) scanned copy of passport size photograph (in JPEG format) by 22/8/2017 up to 1700 hrs. Candidates unable to send advance application will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
15. The selected candidates will work in the project mentioned above and on any other work that may be assigned by the Principal Investigator from time to time.
Eligible candidates may attend walk-in-interview at ICMR-National Institute of Pathology, Safdarjang Hospital Campus, New Delhi on 25/8/2017 at 9 A.M.
Application Deadline – 22/08/2017