Applications are invited for a Research Research positions in an externally funded research projects
Job Title : Research Assistant
No.of.Posts : 1
Project Title : “Evaluation of phytopathogens associated with some major aquatic weeds with emphasis on their toxin production.”
Principal Investigator : Dr. Puja Ray
Project Duration : Appointment will be for seven months or till the end of the project, and subjected to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments.
Job Description : Research shall include about 25% field and 75% laboratory studies on metabolites from phytopathogenic fungi with an aim to develop an effective patentable mycoherbicide
Minimum Qualifications : First class M.Sc . Degree or equivalent in any area of Biological Sciences/ Chemistry from recognized university.
Desirable : Applicants having research experience in biochemical analysis of plant or microbial metabolites. Preference will be given to a valid rank in CSIR/ UGC/ NET – JRF/ LS Examination.
Fellowship : As per availability of grant from the funding agency
Application process :
Interested candidates may send their CV or relevant queries in advance to Dr. Puja Ray, Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata @ email:[email protected]
All interested candidates are requested to appear for an interview with the following in two sets:
- An application stating your research/ career goals and your vision regarding your PhD.
- A detailed CV
- Degree certificates (photocopies to be submitted. Originals to be brought for verification).
- Publications (thesis/ project reports to be brought for verification).
The outstation candidates may request a Skype interview in advance keeping in mind that incase of bad internet connectivity re-interview may not be possible.
- Date of Interview – 24th Aug 2016
- Reporting Time – The candidates are requested to reach the venue positively by 11.00 am.
- Time of Interview – 11.30 am
- Venue of Interview – Department of Life Sciences ( Zoology Section, 3rd Floor, Bakers Building), Presidency University (Erstwhile Presidency College), 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073, India.