NATIONAL AGRI-FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (NABI) (Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) Knowledge City, Sector-81, Mohali-140306,
Punjab, India Website: www.nabi.res.in
ADVT. No: 2017-Researcher (04)
Advertisement for Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is an autonomous R&D Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The institute carries out cutting edge research encompassing multiple research areas that includes agricultural biotechnology, epigenetics, bioinformatics, postharvest technology, and nutritional sciences. To accelerate high quality research, applications are invited from motivated candidates with high level of creativity, innovative research ideas and communication skills and drive for carrying out research aiming at the following areas. Applications are invited for the multiple positions for Junior Research Fellow (JRF). JRFs will be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program at neighbouring Institutes/Universities as per our MoU. Students pursuing Ph.D. program will also be provided with the newly built in-campus hostel facility.
Job Title : Junior Research Fellow
Thrust areas includes:
- Genome wide identification of mutations in promoter regions and their association for starch quality in wheat.
- Investigating the regulation of carotenoid accumulation and its elevation by application of CRISPR/Cas genome editing in banana fruit.
- Utilizing genome editing tools in wheat for triat development.
Food and Nutrition Biotechnology:
Thrust areas includes:
- Cereals and bioactives as nutraceuticals for metabolic health.
- Microbial enzymes for various industrial applications.
- Biological function of cereal based dietary fibres and bioactives for functional food development.
- Development of biopolymer based biodegradable food coating materials/development of functional foods from cereals and agricultural by-products
- Co-enzyme immobilization on magnetic nano-particles: an efficient and robust biocatalyst.
All interested candidates may appear for Walk In Interview on 18.08.2017 (Friday) at 09:00 Hrs at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge City, Sector-81, Mohali-140603. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registeration at NABI from 09:00 hrs to 1100 hrs on 18.08.2017 (Application form available on website www.nabi.res.in). No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. The JRFs will be hired as per the emoluments’ guidelines and service conditions notified by DST (DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014) as per their own fellowship support or a fellowship from NABI. Candidates having NET in Lectureship will be governed by DST OM No. A.20020/11/97-IFD dated 31st March, 2010. NABI may or may not select candidates against one or more of the above areas of research, depending upon the suitability of the candidate to carry out high quality research. Candidates have to ascertain their eligibility before the interview (kindly see attached document). Candidates not fulfilling the criteria for JRF will not be entertained by any means. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise will lead to disqualification of the candidate. All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV, thesis/project report, experience certificates, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts.
- Date of Interview – 18.08.2017 (Friday)
- Registration Time – 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali- 140306, Punjab