ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies.
Name of Post : Associate Epedimiologist
Experience : 2 – 7 Years
Location : Bengaluru
Job Description :
We are currently seeking an Associate Epidemiologist/Analyst to join our India-based team within the Epidemiology Practice.
The epidemiology team works on a range of disease areas and study designs. We undertake studies to characterize treatment patterns, disease natural history, burden of illness, disease transmission, relative efficacy, real-world effectiveness and safety, and benefit-risk. We use a variety of study designs to obtain these estimates, including prospective and retrospective data collection; and the analysis of clinical and administrative databases. For many of these studies we provide design, analysis and reporting support for ICONs late-phase operational arm (Peri-Approval and Observational Research (PAOR)).
The Associate Epidemiologist/Analyst will provide research support in the conduct of the study and the development of study deliverables. The particular focus of this position is the analysis and reporting of data from observational studies (prospective and retrospective); therefore strong analytical skills are required, as well as excellent written English.
The Associate Epidemiologist/Analyst will provide research and technical support to other staff under the direction of senior staff. A primary focus of the position will be in conducting data analysis and statistical reporting for observational studies. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of study protocols, including design and analytical considerations;*
- Supporting the development of analysis plans for observational studies;*
- Conducting data analysis for observational studies;*
- Synthesising the results of these analyses (statistical reports, slide decks, observational study reports);*
- Assisting with proposal development, including background research;*
Additional roles may include:
- Cross-sectional survey development and analysis;
- Coordinating patient studies, particularly surveys and chart-reviews;
- Collecting costing and resource utilization data from multiple sources; and
- Assisting in the preparation ethics approval submissions
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a strong analytic component (e.g. biostatistics, epidemiology)
- Basic knowledge of healthcare/disease processes
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, and one or more statistical packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- A Masters degree in a scientific/analytic discipline
- A strong desire to learn and gain a deep understanding of the work of the department
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility and a willingness to respond to the needs of the department