Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Job Title : Scientist II
Job ID – 52311BR
Location – India – Bangalore
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Performing cell culture activities and laboratory techniques including aseptic expansion of mammalian cell lines, handling primary cells and immortal cells.
- Routine transfections, high throughput transfections and mycoplasma testing
- Initiate, plan and execute scientific research with emphasis on protein or DNA delivery methods (transformation, electroporation, transfection or transduction).
- Keeping thorough record of cell culture parameters and results into data sheets and/or electronic note books.
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols and filling out order forms.
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and validation phases.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience of cell-culture and DNA delivery methods
- Should have a clear understanding and laboratory skills in the area of immunoassays like western blot, ELISA, and immunofluorescence
- GLP experience, documentation and automation
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- Industry experience, bioinformatics and grant writing skills will be considered as a bonus.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.