Mondelēz India Foods Ltd is a leading global confectionery & snacks company. It began its operations in 1948 by importing chocolates. After 60+ years of existence, it today has six company-owned manufacturing facilities at Thane, Induri (Pune), Malanpur (Gwalior), Sricity (Andhra Pradesh), Baddi (Himachal Pradesh), and Hyderabad and 4 sales offices (New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai). The corporate office is in Mumbai.
We operate in five categories in India – Chocolate, Confectionery, Beverages, Biscuits, Gum and Candy and market 11 Power Brands which include Bournvita, Dairy Milk, Halls, Gems, 5Star, Choclairs, Perk, Celebrations, Bournville, Tang & Oreo. Mondelez India Foods Ltd dominates the chocolate market in India with approximately 70% share of the market.
Job Title : Scientist II
Job Number : 1704797
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Independent lead or participation in execution of various project types, either multiple complex projects in parallel but with phased deadlines or, medium to large sized RD&Q projects / activities with 2-3 interfaces outside RD&Q / supports Chocolate RD&Q projects with a focus on countline products. Projects can vary from research, analysis, brief bench-top scale, through to plant trials and commercialisation.
- Ensures consistency, technical precision and compliance with methods of work.
- Recommends improvements within department.
Responsibility/measurement is individual results/performance, but may also include team goals.
- Independent interpretation of data to deliver results and draw business relevant conclusions.
- Effectively structures and presents status updates / proposals to influence partners or share with higher management (up to and including Director-level)
- Awareness of business partners with focus on network-building.
- Requires limited coaching of direct manager on complex activities, especially business-related topics or new technical knowledge. Is used to remote management and remote WOW.
- Trains others within department on range of topics within own scientific discipline. Acts as an expert for supporting any technical challenges outside the department and encourages good cross-category technical exchanges such as Gum and Candy and Biscuit.
- Technical network within and outside the category and across functions such as Marketing, Procurement, Operations, Corporate Quality, etc., is established.
- Conducts relevant regulatory & legal compliance checks and nutritional profiling and generates IDF’s from IP searches (as applicable).
Qualification: Degree level or BS/MS in target discipline (Food science, technology chemical Engg)
Primary Location : AMEA-IN-Maharashtra-Thane