Quality Control Specialist, Publications
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences, and who have either studied or worked in the US or UK.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcomm services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communication needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS. The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS is recognized as a Great Place to Work.
Location: Andheri West, Mumbai
As a QC specialist, you will:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate manuscripts, posters, slide decks, educational material, medical literature, etc., provided by clients for data accuracy
- Check documents (mentioned above) developed by medical writers for scientific data errors by checking the developed material against annotated references, CSRs, other source data
- Check for discrepancy within text, discrepancy between figures/tables, and between text and supplementary material, and make suggestions for improvements
- Identify missing sources in documents and gaps in scientific logic
- Check for grammar, syntax, style, and compliance with style guides, regulatory guidelines, and publishing requirements
- Be responsible for the quality of the documents/projects fact checked/QCed
- Ensure effective communication of QC/fact check findings with the client/medical writers
- Deliver QC reports to the stakeholders and identify quality trends
- Ensure timely delivery of documents
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people in the market because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the medical writing industry; fresher’s with substantial knowledge of the publication landscape or clinical research are also eligible
- Master’s degree in Research, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, multitask, and prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail and zero tolerance to errors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Functional with MS Office
- Flexible and adaptable to changing project priorities and work assignments
Selection Process: One technical test followed by 2-3 rounds of personal interviews.
Compensation: In keeping with industry standards and candidate’s skills/experience.
To apply, you can send your resume to Drashti Dawda at [email protected] or call on +91 22 67148888. Please don’t forget to mention reference as ‘Biotecnika’ in the subject line.