ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and young Indian nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellow – Asia Program. This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, near Greater Hyderabad, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Job title : Junior Research Fellow – Asia Program
- Conduct and record field and post-harvest observations of groundnut trials, data analysis and interpretation.
- Phenotyping for oil content and quality parameters using NIRS.
- Handle segregating of mapping and backcross population.
- Contribute to writing research articles.
- perform other related jobs time to time.
- M.Sc. in Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Agricultural or Plant Biotechnology /plant physiology with experience in crop improvement, mapping population development, trait phenotyping and genotyping using molecular markers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis tools like Genstat or any other.
- A team player with interpersonal skills and with an ability to work independently.
This is a consolidated position for one year and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 13-August-2017, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline– 13-August-2017