NATIONAL RICE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
(INDIAN COUNCIL OF AGRICULTUREAL RESEARCH)
CUTTACK‐753 006 (ODISHA)
CRRI is one of the institutes of ICAR under Crop Science Division. The Institute has two research stations, one at Hazaribag, Jharkhand for carrying out rice research on rainfed upland ecologies and the other at Gerua, Assam for carrying out rice research on flood prone rainfed lowland ecologies. Two Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) also function under the administrative control of CRRI. The KVKs are located at Santhapur, Cuttack, Odisha and Jainagar, Koderma, Jharkhand.
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – “Accelerated decomposition of rice straw using novel Trichoderma strain and its mutants” ( EAP-233)
Duration – Up to 31.03.2018 or completion of the project whichever is earlier.
Maximum age as on 01.01.2017 – 35 yrs for male and 40 years for female
Rate of Fellowship / Remuneration –
- Rs. 25,000/- p.m. + 20% HRA for 1st and 2nd year.
- Rs. 28,000/- p.m. + 20%HRA from 3rd year onwards as per rule.
- M.Sc in Botany with specialization in Mycology / Microbiology. OR
- Agriculture with specialization in plant pathology/Microbiology/Biotechnology, OR
- Life Science with specialization in microbiology and equivalent subject.
- Preference will be given to NET qualified candidates.
Desirable – Experience in working with Trichoderma sp.
- The above position is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the scheme/project. The services of appointed candidates will stand terminated automatically after expiry of the scheme/project or completion of period indicated in the selection offer, whichever is earlier and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in NRRI/ICAR. The above age limits are relaxable for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
- Eligible candidates desirous to be considered for the above-mentioned position are advised to bring one copy of their bio-data along with Xerox copy of all the certificates and mark sheets affixing recent photograph thereon together with original copies of educational certificate/mark sheet/experience certificate (matriculation onwards)/NET/GATE/Ph.D/ copy of M.Sc dissertation/thesis and appear for a walk-in-interview comprising of a written-cum-personal interview on prescribed date, time and place.
- Director, NRRI reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of position and also to cancel the recruitment process for the position mentioned above. Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
- No TA and DA for appearing in the interview are admissible.
- No candidate will be entertained strictly after 10.30 a.m.
- If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no‐objection certificate from the current employer for appearing in the walk‐in‐interview.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified for the position.
- Date of Interview – 23rd June 2017
- Time of Interview – 10:30 AM
- Venue of Interview – NRRI, Cuttack