ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, visit www.icrisat.org
- Process and analyse sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyse and manipulate whole genome resequencing data
- Expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
- Compilation of results and writing reports
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken
- Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support.
Qualification and Skill Requirement:
Post Graduate degree in the area of Computation Genomics/Computational Biology/Computer science or similar with minimum one year of experience in NGS data analysis. Sound knowledge of genomics and molecular biology is must. Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting. Must be experienced in working on Linux and CLI environment.
An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate with competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
The last date of application is 25 June 2017. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Application Deadline – 25th June 2017
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer