The primary mandate of the Tripura Biodiversity Board (TBB) is to advice the State Government including technical assistance and guidance to the departments of the state government on any matter concerning conservation of bio-diversity, sustainable use of its components and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of the use of biological resource and knowledge. Another major task is to regulate by granting of approvals or otherwise requests for commercial utilization or bio-survey and bio-utilisation of any biological resource by Indian Nationals.
UNEP-GEF project titled “Strengthening the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act and Rules with focus on its Access and Benefit Sharing Provisions”
Job Title : State Project Coordinator
No.of.Posts : 1
Duration : December 2017 as of now.
Duty Station : State Project Unit (SPU), Office of the Tripura Biodiversity Board
Mode of Employment : As per terms of contract
Age : 45 YEARS ON THE CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Consolidated Remuneration (all inclusive) per month (subject to TDS) : Rs 30,000/-
Scope of Work:
Under the overall guidance of the Member Secretary (MS), Tripura Biodiversity Board (TBB) of the project on “Strengthening the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act and Rules with focus on its Access and Benefit Sharing Provisions” the State Project Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the activities of the project and perform the below mentioned activities:
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the TBB/SPU in the implementation of the Project
• Assist in organizing the State Project meetings
• Assist in preparation of detailed work plan for the state under the guidance of the MS, TBB.
• Maintain effective communication with the relevant authorities, institutions and government departments at State level under direction of MS, TBB
• Coordinate the overall project activities in the state ensuring that all the activities are carried out on time and within the budget to achieve the stated outputs
• Prepare and submit regular progress and financial reports
• Coordinate the activities of the Biodiversity Management Committees (BMCs)
• Support the activities of BMCs with the help of Technical Support Group at district level
• Maintain relations with district administration and district level officials connected with the project activities under direct guidance of MS, TBB.
• Undertake field tours to monitor and superv;se the activities related with implementation of the Projects and other TBB tasks.
• Manage the day to day activities of the project in the state
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Member Secretary, TBB.
• Prepare quarterly, six monthly and annual work plans
• Prepare brief monthly updates on the project progress and draft project interim and final reports.
• Masters Degree in Forestry/ Agricultural Sciences/Horticultural Sciences/ Natural Sciences/Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences with proven experience in project implementation and management
• 5 years proven experience and knowledge in implementing and coordinating
biodiversity/forestry/ wildlife related projects/ activities/ schemes.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency in Regional local language.
• Knowledge in computer skills, data management, DTP etc.
• Adequate experience in drafting rules and regulations, tender procedures etc.
• Willingness to tour extensively.
How to Apply:
- The application should be sent in the format prescribed in Annexure alongwith the detailed bio-data, resume of work done and papers published alongwith a photograph and attested copies of documents/ testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience, computer skills gained and No-objection Certificate from employer if applicant is employed to
”THE MEMBER SECRETARY,
TRIPURA BIODIVERSITY BOARD
- The Offer will be purely temporary and initially for a period mentioned in the advertisement. The persons engaged cannot claim any permanent postings in Tripura Biodiversity Board/NBA/UNEP/GEF.
- The MS, TBB reserves the right to terminate the services of the personnel engaged. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The other terms and conditions regarding employment will be prescribed in the service contract.
Application Deadline – 20th May 2017