National Centre National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Bengaluru INDIA, is looking for appointment of for the Animal Care and Resource Center on contractual terms under the National Mouse Research Resource (NaMoR) project team.
Job Title : Animal Facility Assistant
No.of.Posts : 1
Pay Scale : As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification.
- Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of animal care takers/support staff and students.
- Assist Veterinarian in providing orientation and training of new students/animal users/care taker staff in proper use of Animal facility, humane handling of animals, implement the SOPs and assist on-going research work.
- Training and Assisting the users in surgical procedures, anesthesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tail biopsies for genotyping, producing timed pregnant females, packing live animal shipments for export, receiving live animal shipments, quarantine procedures, euthanasia etc.
- Assisting the Mouse Genome Engineering staff in various related molecular biology procedures and/or animal surgeries.
- Assist Veterinarian in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs.
- Record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines.
- The Animal Facility is an essential service, so selected Facility Assistant must be ready to work in shifts during Week-Ends and holidays when required as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
Qualification: BE/B.Tech/M.Pharma/Masters in any biological sciences discipline with minimum one year of experience in Laboratory animal management.
How to Apply:
Please carefully read instructions below:
Candidates MUST send an updated CV/resume AND a MANDATORY one page COVER LETTER written by the candidate describing your background and the reason and interest for applying to this particular veterinarian position.
Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated CV + COVER LETTER to:
email@example.com on or before May 31st 2017.
Application Deadline – May 31st 2017