The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world of major petrochemical products. Major Group Companies are Reliance Industries Limited, including its subsidiaries and Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited.
Job Title – Research Scientist
Requisition ID – 51846446
Location – Navi Mumbai
- Ensure completion of experiments and generate accurate and reproducible data from experiments. Develop relevant models and validation of the same.
- Supervise and execute laboratory / pilot plant experiments pertaining to the relevant research area such as sample preparation using various methods, sample characterization using various analysis & evaluation of the concerned samples.
- Organize facilities for experiments in research such as chemicals, equipment, analytical methods etc.
- Participate in pilot plant operations / studies, utilize results as boundary conditions for model development
- Support to plant operations
- Collect data and conduct relevant analysis
- Uploading reports on portal
- Preparation of Internal Technical Report
Job Accountabilities Work Output:
- Analyse large molecular datasets such as raw genomic sequence data for molecular plant breeding.
- Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling, genome annotation, and structural bioinformatics.
- Explore publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, proteomic, or post-genomic databases.
- Educate and Assist others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression and gene function determination for various agronomic traits.
- Create novel and web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Develop data models and databases.
- Consult with researchers to analyse problems, recommend technology-based solutions.
HSE & other regulatory compliance:
- Good lab practice
- Comply with all regulatory compliances.
Learning & mentoring:
- Confer with departments such as breeding, molecular group, and operations to coordinate product development or improvement.
- Keep up-to-date of new biochemistries, instrumentation, or software by reading scientific literature and attending professional conferences.
- Recommend new systems and processes to improve operations.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
- Develop Reference genome map for crop of interest
- Discover and Design SNP and markers required for gene tagging and mapping
- Array designing for future MAS programms.
Qualifications and Experience:
PhD in Biology/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with specialization in relevant research area.
- Doctorate degree (or M.Sc,Degree with 3 years of experience) in bioinformatics, plant biology, genetics, or computer science.
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python, R or Ruby), SQL and Unix OS are strictly required.
- Thorough understanding of Genomics and molecular breeding principles its application in breeding.
- Minimum 2-3 years of research experience.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial/university experience in the field of NGS bioinformatics algorithms/software development.
- Required to have Molecular biology wet lab experience/exposure
- Hands on experience on plant molecular techniques such as gene tagging, mapping, quantitative trail loci (QTL) analysis.
- Publication record in peer-reviewed literature and experience presenting research results to a large audience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills necessary to work effectively in a team environment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Conduct literature survey in the area of research and compile information for dissemination & critical analysis.
- Develop work method and prepare SOPs for experiments in research including designing & planning of experiments.
- Prepare/Use simulation models.
- Study technology offers/ process engineering documents
- Perform process engineering design activities such as using relevant tools
- Familiar with applicable guidelines /codes / standards / legislations relevant to field of research