Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited ‘A’ by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research universities in India. The university is spread across five campuses in three states of India – Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellows for the project titled Developing a common facility Centre for Tribals in Siruvani Hills.
Job Title : Junior Research Fellow
Number of positions: 2
Duration of Project : 1 Year
Location : Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
Project work would involve:
- Conducting field surveys, PRAs and community mobilisation in Siruvani Hills, Coimbatore.
- Co-ordination of training programs and capacity building of tribals in lantana craft and furniture making, organic farming, honey processing etc.
- Data collection and entry
- Report writing
- Essential : MSc. Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences/MSW
- Desirable : Ability to communicate in Tamil/Malyalam, Experience in working with communities, Basic computer skills (MS world, Excel) and Data analysis
- JRF scale for NET qualified person Rs. 25, 000/- + 20% HRA p.m. for 3rd year
- Rs. 28, 000/- + 20% HRA p.m JRF scale for non-net qualified student as per University rules
How to Apply:
Please send your applications on or before April 30, 2017.