The motto of IIT Kharagpur is “Yoga Karmashu Kaushalam”. This literally translates to “Excellence in action is Yoga”, essentially implying that doing your work well is (true) yoga. This can be traced to Sri Krishna’s discourse with Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita. The quote, in the larger context of the Gita, urges man to acquire equanimity because a mind of equanimity allows a man to shed distracting thoughts of the effects of his deeds and concentrate on the task before him. Equanimity is the source of perfection in Karmic endeavours that leads to Salvation.
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – Microbiology of Deep Granitic Subsurface of Koyna-Warna Region(GKR)
Reference No – IIT/SRIC/R/GKR/2017/101
Principal Investigator – Pinaki Sar
Department / School / Centre – Biotechnology
Sponsor – MINISTRY OF EARTH SCIENCES(Government of India,Ministry of Earth Sciences,India Meteorological Department,Mausam Bhawan,Lodi Road,New Delhi-110 003)
Age Limit – 30 years
Consolidated Compensation – Up to Rs. 28,000 (depending upon qualification & experience)
- M Tech. (Biotechnology/Environmental Sc. and/or tech. or any other relevant branch) OR
- M Sc (any branch of Life sciences including biotechnology) with valid GATE/NET score and 02 years research experience OR
- B Tech. (Biotechnology) with with valid GATE/NET score and 02 years research experience. First class in preceding examinations.
- Knowledge on environmental microbiology, molecular biology, bioinformatics.
- Hands on experience on isolation of microorganisms from environmental samples, and extraction of metagenomes.
- Experience of molecular and biochemical characterization of bacteria. Analysis of metagenomes.
Application Deadline – 27th April 2017