Advt. No. WII/EPPM/AKB/WLMP-Sikkim/2016-17
W A L K – I N – I N T E R V I E W for engaging Project Biologist and Project Assistant on Contract
The Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra Dun invites application for Walk-in-interview for engaging one Project Biologist and one Project Assistant in the project entitled ‘Wildlife Management Planning for Protected Areas of Sikkim’ purely on contractual basis for a period of one year. The EQ, DQ and other details for the above posts are as provided below :
Job Title –
- Project Biologist (One position)
- Project Assistant (One position)
No.of.Posts – 1 each
- Rs.25,000/- + HRA for Project Biologist
- Rs. 18,000/- +HRA for Project Assistant
Age – Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of interview for position of Project Biologist and not exceeding 30 years in case of Project Assistant. Upper age limit in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories may be relaxed as per the rules.
- Project Biologist: Master’s degree in Wildlife Biology / Zoology/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/ Life Sciences /Geo-Informatics with 60% aggregated marks in above subject from a recognized university. One-year field research experience in the area of wildlife survey/ socio economic survey/ Protected Area management planning/ statistical analysis and GIS.
- Project Assistant: Master’s degree in Wildlife Biology / Zoology/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/ Life Sciences /Geo-Informatics from a recognized university
- For Project Biologists: Previous experience of working in a biodiversity planning project. Candidates with strong physical and mental abilities and a keen desire to carryout field work with minimum logistics support.
- For Project Assistants: Knowledge about methods of field survey for wildlife and socio economic parameters, statistical analysis and GIS. Candidates with strong physical and mental abilities and a keen desire to carryout field work with minimum logistics support
Expected field work and output : The project aims to collect ecological, socioeconomic and other relevant information required for writing management plans for Protected Areas of Sikkim State; facilitate the writing of such management plans and organize trainings/workshops/ meeting with different stakeholders in association with Sikkim Forest Department for this task.
- A walk-in-Interview for the selection of candidates would be conducted at WII, Dehradun on 4th May 2017 beginning at 1100 hrs.
- The candidate should report by 0930 hrs for scrutiny of documents on which will be followed by an Interview. The Institute will not provide accommodation for candidates appearing for the interview.
- Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications research experience, Ph.D thesis along with certificate of extracurricular activities, date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc. All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of registration for necessary verification.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.wii.gov.in
The Director WII, reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
- Date of Interview – 04th May 2017
- Reporting Time – 09:30 AM
- Venue of Interview – Wildlife Institute of India