Recruitment for the post of “Project Assistant’s / Fellow’s” under various funded projects at IISER TIRUPATI
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contractual basis:
Job Title : Project Assistant / Fellow
No.of.Positions : 7 – Biology
Tenure : The position is temporary for one year and renewable subject to satisfactory performance
- Investigating serum MTA1 (Metastasis associated Protein-1) levels as a diagnostic and prognostic marker in breast cancer
- Unravelling the role of root-cap-specific mannose binding lectin and LEA proteins in root development and their implications in shaping the plant response to environmental cues
- Understanding small molecule permeation in Mycobacterium tuberculosis: towards understanding rational design of drugs with penetrating scaffolds
- Mechanistic and Physiological insights into transcriptional repression by a novel RelA-YY1 complex in the immune system and cancer
- Biogeography and landscape genetics of two endemic endangered species of Satpuda Hills and Western Ghats
- Regulation of neuritogenesis signalling by Gαi in diabetes brain
- Behaviour and life-history changes in response to climate change in high-altitude mammals in the Himalayas
- Candidates who have qualified any of the national level test like CSIR/UGC – NET/GATE etc. with valid score in score card are eligible for remuneration of Rs.25,000/- + 10% HRA per month (Consolidated).
- Others will be eligible for Rs.16,000/- + 10% HRA per month.
Age : Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement
Essential – M.Sc. in Biology / Life sciences / Bio-technology or Equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent grade. (Interested candidates can also apply for project code No.3 in chemistry)
Desirable – Candidates having qualified and having valid CSIR/UGC NET-JRF or GATE score card.
How to Apply:
A) Applicants can apply by clicking the link “click here to apply” in the home page below this advertisement link.
B) The applicants must apply according to their respective academics by selecting any one of the options/links available among Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics available after completion of the above step.
C) After selection of the option in the above step, applicants are requested to fill the profile form and select the project they are interested to work in subject to a maximum of 03 selections.
D) Once the application is submitted, the applicant must take the printout of the form for their reference.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT POST
- Appointment is purely temporary and initially for one year. The will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in IISER Tirupati.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- Age limit may be relaxed in case of candidates with relevant experience for the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- The date & time of interview shall be informed only to the shortlisted candidates via email only
Application Deadline – 17th March 2017