CRRI is one of the institutes of ICAR under Crop Science Division. The Institute has two research stations, one at Hazaribag, Jharkhand for carrying out rice research on rainfed upland ecologies and the other at Gerua, Assam for carrying out rice research on flood prone rainfed lowland ecologies. Two Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) also function under the administrative control of CRRI. The KVKs are located at Santhapur, Cuttack, Odisha and Jainagar, Koderma, Jharkhand.
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 2
Project Title – “Phonemics of Moisture Deficit Stress Tolerance and Nitrogen Use Efficiency in Rice and Wheat – Phase II EAP‐229”
Duration – Up to 31.12.2019 or Completion of the project whichever is earlier
Maximum age as on 01.01.2017 – 35 yrs. for men and 40 yrs. for women.
Rate of Fellowship / Remuneration –
- Rs. 25,000/‐ p.m. + 20% HRA for 1st & 2nd year,
- Rs. 28,000/‐ p.m. + 20% HRA from 3rd year onwards as per rule.
- Master Degree in Basic Sciences (Botany Biotechnology/Life Science/) with NET qualification conducted by the ICAR/Central Government department /agencies for admission to Ph.D with 2 years of research experience. OR
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture in discipline Viz. Plant Breeding/Genetics/Plant Physiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology. OR
- Ph. D. in any Branch of Science.
Exposure to techniques in Plant Physiology/ Plant Biotechnology /Plant Breeding and preparation of scientific / technical reports / research papers.
- The above position is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the scheme/project. The services of appointed candidates will stand terminated automatically after expiry of the scheme/project or completion of period indicated in the selection offer, whichever is earlier and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in NRRI/ICAR. The above age limits are relaxable for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
- Eligible candidates desirous to be considered for the above-mentioned position are advised to bring one copy of their bio-data along with Xerox copy of all the certificates and mark sheets affixing recent photograph thereon together with original copies of educational certificate/mark sheet/experience certificate (matriculation onwards)/NET/GATE/Ph.D/ copy of M.Sc dissertation/thesis and appear for a walk-in-interview comprising of a written-cum-personal interview on prescribed date, time and place.
- Director, NRRI reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of position and also to cancel the recruitment process for the position mentioned above. Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
- No TA and DA for appearing in the interview are admissible.
- No candidate will be entertained strictly after 10.30 a.m.
- If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no‐objection certificate from the current employer for appearing in the walk‐in‐interview.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified for the position.
- Date of Interview – 14th March 2017
- Time of Interview – 10:30 AM
- Venue of Interview – NRRI, Cuttack