Novartis is a global healthcare leader and has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We appreciate and welcome your interest in joining our team of associates from more than 150 nationalities who currently share our mission to care and to cure. Our career website is updated regularly and can be viewed in other languages by selecting the option in the upper right corner.
Job ID : 203507BR
Position Title : Clinical Data Manager
Division : NBS
Business Unit : PLS NBS
Work Location : Hyderabad
Functional Area : Research & Development
Job Description :
- Ensure quality and timely clinical data delivery for multiple US local Phase IV projects outsourced to international Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and establish appropriate application of data standards, monitor CRO progress, and perform quality assurance review of key clinical data management (CDM) deliverables.
- 1. Serve as Project Data Manager for multiple projects/trials from multiple business units (BUs) and providing professional Data Management input to Clinical Trial Teams (CTTs).
- 2. Responsible for ensuring consistency of protocols, project CRFs, clinical databases for all trials within assigned projects and provide technical feedback to CROs as needed.
- 3. Provide CDM input to study protocols and Study Specification Worksheets (SSW) for CRO proposal requests; audit/qualify CROs at India and provide input on CRO selection.
- 4. Develop CDM presentations for Investigator Meetings, CRA workshops, and Project Kick-off meetings, and Validation and Analysis Plans (VAPs) as appropriate.
- 5. Ensure complete and consistent medical term coding using appropriate standard dictionaries; ensure consistency of serious adverse event data across clinical and drug safety databases.
- 6. Monitor clinical data quality and progress of trials outsourced to international CROs; drive corrective actions as needed; ensure proper integration of third-party/non-CRF data as applicable.
- 7. Proactively identify project threats and resolve issues with clinical trial teams; escalate to US Biometrics management if necessary and appropriate.
- 8. Ensure up-to-date and accurate tracking of report status and progress of data management for allocated trials and be proactive to ensure smooth and successful timely locking of databases.
- 9. Ensure timely completion of data management archiving; as necessary, respond to Health Authority/FDA/audit requests pertaining to project-specific data management issues.
- 10. Provide input, review, and maintenance of local working practices and standards.
- 11. Contribute to the development of a Data Management organization through his/her leadership role within the DM Group for US Medical in India.
- 12. Lead and support clinical & non-clinical special projects.
- 13. May deputize for Head of Statistical Sciences Group for US Medical in India and assist in hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring of other Data Management staff.
Minimum Requirements –
- University or college degree in life science, computer science, pharmacy, nursing or equivalent relevant de-gree. Fluent English (oral and written).
- 1. Two or more years experience in drug development with at least 2 years experience in Data Manage-ment.
- 2. University Science Degree in life sciences, phar-macy, nursing or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3. Excellent written and oral English skills
- 4. Understanding of clinical trial methodology, GCP and medical terminology
- 5. Good computer skills
- 6. Good organizational and project management skills.
- 7. Good communication and interpersonal skills
- 8. Intermediate presentation and problem solving skills
- 9. Ability to work well in a team
- 10. May coordinate and provide direction on task to other data management team members.members.