Elsevier is one of the world’s major providers of scientific, technical, and medical information, and a technology company originally established in 1880. It is now a part of the RELX Group, known until 2015 as Reed Elsevier
Job Title – Solution Sales Manager – Life Sciences (RES000F7)
Location – AP-IND-Haryana-Gurgaon
Purpose of the Job –
The Solution Sales Manager is responsible for new sales of a specific solution portfolio in the territory and linking customer needs to product organization feedback. This is also a hybrid role as a Customer Consultant for pre/post sales technical support, tech support and product demo/training and responsible for renewal of existing sales/subscriptions.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
Responsible for New Sales:
• Achievement of new-sales, including expansion sales (upsell), revenue growth targets of portfolio in territory
• Create and execute on the solution/product penetration plan in territory. Align territory and account solution portfolio plan with holistic territory/account plan
• Develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and be able to successfully position against these
• Negotiate and close contracts for new sales
• Develops a deep understanding of the relevant customer segment the solutions are sold into, translating the solution value to be segment specific.
Overall Subscription base Growth
• Successful transition of ownership of the account/ agreement to Account Manager, ensuring total growth on total base of the portfolio
Build, maintain and share in-depth knowledge
• Key expert on the competitor: knows everything about the competitors’ business, strategy and sales approach in territory
• Key expert on specific research workflow (for solution portfolio), being able to bring global references to customers in territory
• Stay abreast of development in field and market segment, and share with Elsevier
• Provide continuous feedback to product and marketing teams and participate in projects to help marketing in meeting strategic sales objectives.
• Proven new-sales track record in competitive environments (minimum of 5 years)
• Background in complex solution-sales approach – “consultative selling”
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; fluency in English. Basic Bahasa or Thai will be advantaged.
• Experienced in working in an international matrixed organization
• Frequent travel required (~40-50%)
Specific for Life Sciences Portfolio
• Masters/PhD in chemistry (preferred), Life Science, pharmaceutical/Biomedical Sciences, or bioinformatics. Bachelor Degree holder with relevant years of related experiences will also be highly considered.
• Experienced in selling to or working with chemistry, , pharmaceutical, or bioinformatics disciplines