ICAR – INDIAN INSTITUTE OF OILSEEDS RESEARCH
Eligible candidates are invited to attend Walk in Interview to fill up the (purely) temporary post of Junior Research Fellow (One) under Research project titled “Mapping of QTLs associated with resistance to aphid (Uroleucon compositae Theobald) in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) using genome-wide SNP markers” to be held on 08.03.2017 at 11.00 AM at ICAR – Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. The tenure of the project is up to 05.02.2020. The requirement and other terms and conditions for the Junior Research Fellow are as under :-
Job Title : Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts : 1
Project Title : “Mapping of QTLs associated with resistance to aphid (Uroleucon compositae Theobald) in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) using genome-wide SNP markers”
Emoluments : Rs.25,000/- pm Plus HRA as admissible.
Essential – M.Sc. in Genetics/Biotechnology/Biochemistry with NET qualification.
Desirable – Hands on experience in molecular biology techniques Experience in handling bioinformatics tools is desirable.
Terms and Conditions:
- Place of posting is ICAR – IIOR,Hyderabad work place may be at any Research Farm of IIOR, Hyd. (Rajendranagar /Narkhoda /ICRISAT) Hyderabad.
- The above position is purely temporary till the end of the project based on satisfactory performance of the incumbent There is no provision of re engagement after termination of the project. The selected candidate shall not claim for regular appointment at this institute as the fellowship is coterminus with the project.
- Maximum age limit is 35 years for men and 40 years for women, relaxation in upper age limit is permissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per Govt. of India Rules applicable to the external funded project.
- No TA/DA and official accommodation will be provided for appearing in the Walk in Interview. Selected candidates have to make their own arrangement to stay at the place of work.
Candidates are requested to carry all original relevant documents/ certificates along with a set of attested photocopies and duly filled in application form on the date of interview.
- Date of Interview – 08th March 2017
- Reporting Time – 09:30 AM
- Time of Interview – 11:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – ICAR – Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.