G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development
(An autonomous Institute of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India)
Kosi-Katarmal, Almora- 263 643
Applications are invited for the following purely project/contractual-based positions. The candidate with adequate qualification may appear for Walk-In-Interview on 07 March, 2017 at 11:00 A.M. onward at Kosi-Katarmal (Almora) campus of the Institute.
Position under Project Management Unit (PMU) under MoEF&CC funded Scheme “National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS)”
Job Title : Project Scientist
No.of.Posts : 1
Age : 34 years
Emoluments : Rs. 50,000/ p.m. + HRA
Essential – I st class Masters Degree in Life Sciences with 5 years post qualification experience
- Ph. D. in any of the above fields
- Good comprehension and communication skills, well versed with Himalayan Sites, Computer certificate course of minimum 6 month duration
- Working experience in the Himalayan region in Projects
Nature of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficient coordination of PMU activities
- Assist in organization of STAG and Steering Committees
- Help in establishing linkages/coordination with regional units/partners institutions/ organizations
- Assist in project monitoring, report writing, synthesis, liaison with other Institution/ Ministries and MoEF&CC, etc.
Desirous candidate may forward an advance copy of the application to the Administrative Officer by e-mail ([email protected]) clearly mentioning the position applied for. Candidates appearing for Interview should bring original copies (with xerox copy) of testimonials, biodata, publications etc along with an application. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates appearing for the Interview.
- Date of Interview – 07th March 2017
- Time of Interview – 11:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Kosi-Katarmal (Almora)