The National Rice Research Institute is situated near Bidyadharpur village on the Cuttack-Paradip Road, Odisha, India. It is one of the premier national research institutes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – “Study of Host Induced Gene Silencing (HIGS) and its utility in Rice‐R. solani pathosystem to control sheath blight disease”
Duration – Initially Up to 31.03.2017. or Completion of the project whichever is earlier
Maximum Age as on 01.07.2016 – 35 yrs. for men and 40 yrs. for women.
Rate of Fellowship/ Remuneration –
- Rs. 25,000/‐ p.m. + 20% HRA for 1st & 2nd year,
- Rs. 28,000/‐ p.m. + 20% HRA from 3rd year onwards as per rule
1. M.Sc. in any Branch of Biological Sciences/Life Science/Biotechnology/allied Science (First Class) with 4 years of Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Candidates having post graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Masters Degree should have NET qualification & having 2 years experience in the relevant field.
3. Masters Degree holders with integrated degrees like B.Tech. & M.Tech. (5 Years) are also eligible.
4. Ph.D. in any discipline of Life Science/Chemical Science or equivalent.
Experience in molecular cloning, fungal and plant genetic transformation and bioinformatics.
1. The above position is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the scheme/project. The services of appointed candidates will stand terminated automatically after expiry of the scheme/project or completion of period indicated in the selection offer, whichever is earlier and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in NRRI/ICAR. The above age limits are relaxable for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
2. Eligible candidates desirous to be considered for the above-mentioned position are advised to bring one copy of their bio-data along with Xerox copy of all the certificates and mark sheets affixing recent photograph thereon together with original copies of educational certificate/mark sheet/experience certificate (matriculation onwards)/NET/GATE/Ph.D and appear for a walk-in-interview comprising of a written-cum-personal interview on prescribed date, time and place.
3. Director, NRRI reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of position and also to cancel the recruitment process for the position mentioned above. Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
4. No TA and DA for appearing in the interview are admissible.
5. No candidate will be entertained strictly after 10.30 a.m.
6. If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no‐objection certificate from the current employer for appearing in the walk‐in‐interview.
7. Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified for the position.
Date of Interview – 16th December 2016
Time of Interview – 10:30 AM
Venue of Interview – NRRI