A Walk-in-Interview will be held on 13th January 2017 (Friday) at 10.00 A.M in the Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University for two (02) temporary positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and one (01) temporary position of Field Assistant in a research project funded by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Govt. of India entitled “Exploration of Biodiversity and conservation issues of Talley Valley Wildlife sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh with reference to wildlife species distribution along climate and topographical gradients” under the Principal Investigator Dr. Ashalata Devi, Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 2
Project Title – “Exploration of Biodiversity and conservation issues of Talley Valley Wildlife sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh with reference to wildlife species distribution along climate and topographical gradients”
Principal Investigator – Dr. Ashalata Devi
- Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand) only per month for the first and second year, and
- Rs.28,000/- (Rupees Twenty Eight Thousand) only per month for the third year for NET/GATE qualified candidates. HRA as per rules will be admissible if no University accommodation is provided.
- Rs.12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand) only per month for the first and second year and
- Rs.14,000/- (Rupees fourteen thousand) only per month for the third year for other candidates, or as per latest applicable. HRA as per rules will be admissible if no University accommodation is provided.
Essential – The applicant should have M.Sc. with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in Botany/Zoology/Environmental Science/Forestry/Applied Life Sciences. Candidates having NET/GATE qualification will be preferred.
Desirable – Candidate with working experience/specialization in plant taxonomy, wildlife conservation and animal behavior, and field work in forest will be given additional preference.
Interested candidates, highly motivated for field and lab. research work, may send their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) by post to Dr. Ashalata Devi, Principal Investigator, Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 784028-Assam (or) through e-mail to: [email protected] by 12th January, 2017 and may appear before the interview board along with a copy of updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), 02 copies of recent passport size photograph and photocopies of all academic testimonials having proof of age, qualification, experience (if any), copy of publications (if any) etc. It is necessary to present all the original documents at the time of interview.
1. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
2. The decision of Selection Committee/Tezpur University authority would be final and binding in all aspects.
3. Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview should fill up the application in prescribed form enclosed as Annexure-I.
4. Appointment of project staffs is purely temporary and award of Fellowship does not confer any right for absorption/employment in Tezpur University.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Ashalata Devi, Principal Investigator
Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Science
Tezpur University, Napaam – 784 028, Sonitpur, Assam
Phone: + 91 03712 27 5608 (O)
E-mail: [email protected]
- Last Date to Submit Applications – 12th January 2017
- Date of Interview – 13th January 2017
- Time of Interview – 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Tezpur – 784 028, District: Sonitpur, Assam.