“At ICON, it’s our People that set us Apart”
Are you passionate about improving the quality of human life? If so, we invite you to join us in creating a healthier world tomorrow. ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies.
We started as a team of 5 members in 1990 & today we are ranking at top 4 worldwide based on revenue of 2015. Currently we have 12200+ employees across the globe. ICON is a $1.575bn company having its presence across 89 offices in 37 countries.
Job Title – Clinical Data Coordinator II
Reference – 042674
Reporting To – Clinical Data Management Group
Leader/ Manager – Data Management
Type of Employment – Full Time
Location – Chennai/Trivandrum
Responsible for providing line management leadership to Data Management teams (CDC/DBA/Other DM Functions). Ensures team deliverables to expected quality and timelines, provides technical oversight as needed, and mentors/develops Leads and other staff under the general guidance of Sr. Manager/AD, Data Management or designee.
- Expertise in data management process
- Manage the DM team according to the Icon way including developing the employees and the team to meet Icon business needs.
- To ensure excellent quality management system within team.
- To ensure excellent organizational effectiveness within team.
- To ensure people development and people engagement within team.
- Promote the exchange of know-how within the Data Management area and externally via participation in relevant national and international societies/forums.
- Management of team members to achieve set targets including developing the staff and meeting department business goals.
- Set targets for the team according to the overall strategies for DM department.
- Follow up on deliverables ensuring timely, high quality and cost-effective outcome and communicate progress to the manager.
- Ensure optimal and flexible use of resources in the team, and timely identification of resource gaps and the consequences, and for identifying possible solutions.
- Ensure that all employees in the team are provided the needed support and possesses the necessary competencies.
- Support the team in their communication with stakeholders (e.g. trial management, safety, vendors and management).
- Ensure that the team work in compliance with Icon Quality system and SOPs
- Expertise in data management process.
Academic or Trade Qualifications –
Bachelor’s degree, or educational equivalent, in clinical, biological or mathematical sciences, or related field, or nursing qualification with 6 years of experience.
- A minimum of 6 years clinical data management or other relevant experience
- Experience of at least one of ICON preferred CDMS (Rave, Inform, Oracle Clinical, OCRDC)
- Highly computer literate, including strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong client relationship management skills, and the aptitude to develop this further
Technical and competency selection:
When you spot an opportunity you’re interested in and submit an application, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will contact you to evaluate your suitability for this position, as well as for other openings within the business.
The evaluation will look at your technical skills and your competencies – for example, delivering excellence. Can you give an example when you’ve delivered that in your work environment, for both internal and external customers?
After this, we’ll let you know if we’ll be progressing with your application. If you have been successful at this stage, we will talk you through a telephone interview. This will then be followed by an interview with our Hiring Manager, either face to face or by tele-conference.
If you’re successful, we will notify you with details of the offer, talk you through our culture and values, answer any questions you may have – and above all, welcome you to the ICON team.