PAREXEL. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
Job Title – Senior Medical Writer
Requisition ID – pare-10054686
The Senior Medical Writer researches, creates, and edits all documents associated with clinical research. Responsibilities also include: acting as primary client contact for medical writing projects, working with other PAREXEL departments and clients to set and meet internal and external deliverable timelines, leadership, training and support of junior medical writing staff.
- Reports To Departmental Line Management, Medical Writing Services
Directly Supervises None
- Provides Work Direction to Medical Writers, Associate Medical Writers, Medical Writing Assistants
- Works Closely with Project Managers/Leaders, Physicians, Biostatisticians, Data
- Managers, Regulatory Associates, Medical Writing staff
- External Relationships Client technical representatives
- Write clinical documents for submission to regulatory authorities, including but not limited to: briefing documents, clinical development plans, previous human experience summaries, human pharmacology summaries, investigator brochures, study protocols, model informed consents, interim and final clinical study reports, common technical document (CTD) clinical overviews and summaries, safety update/aggregate reports, integrated summaries of safety and efficacy.
- Act in the capacity of project manager/lead for medical writing projects. This may entail serving as the primary client contact, negotiating deliverable timelines, and resolving project-related issues. Project management of contractual and financial aspects may only be performed with the guidance of medical writing management.
- Serve as the Medical Writing representative on assigned project teams, providing proactive support to Project Leadership for planning efficient work plans and timelines for medical writing deliverables, and medical writing input into other departmental deliverables. Identify any potential project challenges to departmental line management and project leader including changes in project plan, timeline or out of scope requests, and suggest possible resolution options.
- Provide medical editing review of draft and final documents prepared by other writers before internal or external distribution. This includes both copyediting and content review.
- Ensure document content and style adheres to FDA/EMA or other appropriate regulatory guidelines, and complies with departmental and corporate or client SOPs and style guidelines.
At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences/Health Related Sciences or equivalent. Preferably a PhD, Medical or Dental degree, Post graduate in Life sciences with experience in clinical research/medical writing experience, including phase III, in writing multiple clinical study reports, and either CTD documents or similar, or study protocols.