The Raman Research Institute was founded in 1948 by the Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate, Sir C V Raman, to continue his studies and basic research after he retired from the Indian Institute of Science. Sir C V Raman served as its director carrying on his personal research until his demise in 1970. It was funded personally by him and with donations from private sources.
Job Title – Research Assistant
No.of.Posts – TWO
Project Title – Molecular Biology
Division/Group – Soft Condensed Matter Group
Tenure of Appointment – The position is for 1 year with first 6 months under probation. Position may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years, with regular evaluation.
Remuneration – A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 22,000/- with 30% HRA on the consolidated remuneration per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
Upper Age Limit – The upper as limit is 35 years, as on the last date for closing of applications.
- Essential – M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. degree in any field of Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Chemical Sciences with atleast 1 year of academic research or industrial work experience in molecular biology and DNA and protein biochemistry.
- Desirable – Experimental work experience in a research lab in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification and microscopy imaging. Candidates with experience with chromatin assembly, DNA-protein complex assembly, handling RNA work will be preferred. Hands-on experience with quantitative techniques like UV-vis absorption, white-light and/or fluorescence microscopy and density gradient fractionation will be preferred. Ability to work in multidisciplinary lab environment, detail oriented, excellent documentation skills and should have quantitative approach in research. Familiarity with Excel, Onenote as well as any programming language is desirable.
- We seek motivated individuals with good academic background with an aptitude to explore and master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and eagerness to learn new techniques.
RA will be responsible for setting up invitro experiments on chromatin assembly for single molecule biophysics experiments in nanoscale devices project in Soft Condensed Matter group at RRI.
How to Apply:
Applications (strictly adhering to format given below) are preferred to be emailed as a single PDF file, to email@example.com with the subject line as “RA (MolBio-2) Position for Nano-Biophysics lab”. For candidates without email access, applications may also be sent in a sealed envelope superscribing “RA (MolBio-2) Position for Nano-Biophysics lab” addressed to the CO-ORDINATOR, SOFT CONDENSED MATTER GROUP, RAMAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE, C. V. RAMAN AVENUE, SADASHIVANAGAR, BANGALORE 560080.
Application Format: (Please not ALL fields are mandatory)
- Name of the applicant:
- Applying for advertisement number:
- Date of Birth:
- Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC:
- Permanent Address:
- Address for correspondence (please provide your mobile number and email-id):
- Qualifications starting from SSC/X Std. upwards (please attach copies of certificates and marks cards at the end of application): Class/Degree Year School/University %age Marks / CGPA
- List details of any research/industry experience including details of organization, post held, duration of service and emoluments drawn (attach certificates and 1-paragraph write up on each project done):
- References of individuals who are professionally familiar with you and your work, whom the Institute could contact for referral letters:
- Brief – not more than 1-page (double line spacing) write up on what motivates you to apply for the above post.
Application Deadline – 24th October 2016