The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body’s defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention.
Job Title: Research Associate
Number of Vacancies: One
Project Title: Investigating the role of gelsolin as a common cellular player for modulating amyloid load and neurodegenration
Funding Agency: DBT
Principle Investigator: Dr. Sarika Gupta – Staff Scientist-IV firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenure: till 17.06.2017
Eligibility: Ph.D in any area of Biology with good academic record
Desirable: Extensive experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or protein chemistry is required. Candidates having experience of neuronal cell isolation and culture will be preferred
Emolument: Rs. 36,000/- per month plus 30% HRA (As per DST OM dated 21.10.2014)
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Deadline: 15 October, 2016