Earn Upto Rs. 1,32,005/- p.m As Associate / Assistant Professor @ IIT Indore
Advertisement for Recruitment of Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on-contract). This is a rolling advertisement.
IIT Indore invites applications from outstanding, highly-motivated Indian nationals (and those of Indian origin / holding PIO cards) for faculty positions at the levels of Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on-contract) in the disciplines of Centre for Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering and only at level of Associate Professor in Chemistry.
Qualifications and Experience:
Associate Professor: Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least six years of post-Ph.D. experience in teaching / industry / research, of which at least three years of experience should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer, or equivalent.
Assistant Professor: Ph.D. in relevant areas of specializations with a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years of post-Ph.D. Research/Teaching/Industry experience. Candidates not satisfying the required post-PhD experience criterion for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor may be put on tenure track as Assistant Professor (on-contract).
Associate Professor: To be appointed in Pay Band-4 (Rs 37,400 – 67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs 9,500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band-4 will be fixed at Rs 42,800/- p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,32,005/- p.m.
Assistant Professor: Minimum pay of Rs 30,000/- in Pay Band-3 (Rs 15,600 – 39,100) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs 8,000/- p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band is Rs 1,00,300/- p.m. On completion of three years of service, an Assistant Professor shall move to Pay Band-4 (Rs 37,400 – 67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs 9,000/- p.m. and the total emolument in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,20,880/- p.m.
Assistant Professor (On-Contract): To be appointed in Pay Band-3 (Rs 15,600 – 39,100) with minimum starting pay of Rs 26,620/- and Academic Grade Pay of Rs 6,000/- p.m. The total emolument in the minimum of pay in pay band is Rs 87,119/- p.m. After one year of service, the incumbent will move to Academic Grade Pay of Rs 7,000/- p.m. in PB-3 and the total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 89,569/- p.m.
Preferred areas of specializations:
Discipline/Centre: Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering
Area of Specialization: Molecular Biology, Immunology, Structural Biology and Chemical Biology, Viral Immunology, Molecular Virology, Non-Invasive Characterization and Disease Diagnosis, Functional Genomics of Metabolic Diseases, Stress Granules and Tumor Progression, Biosensors, Drug Delivery, Theranostics, Innate Immunity and Inflammation, Mechanistic Study of Large Bimolecular Systems, Multiscale Modeling of Biomolecular Recognition, Biofuels and Bioenergy, Carbon Sequestration and Wastewater Treatment.
Area of Specialization: Inorganic and bio-inorganic chemistry, Computational chemistry, Physical chemistry, Organic and bio-organic chemistry.
NOTE: (Outstanding candidates in other areas of specialization will also be considered)
- Age limit: preferably below 35 years for Assistant Professor and preferably below 45 years for Associate Professor. Age relaxation to reserved category candidates will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
- The requirements of minimum educational qualification/experience/age limit may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials evidenced by excellent publication record, research experience, etc.
- Mere fulfilling eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for Interview.
- The institute reserves the right to offer an appointment on contract, or if being considered for Associate Professor, an appointment of Assistant Professor level.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
- This is a rolling advertisement, therefore, applications can be sent at any time. However, the first round of scrutiny of the applications received will take place during the fall of 2016.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply on the prescribed application form which may be downloaded from the Institute website www.iiti.ac.in/Careers/careers.php along with latest CV, a concise summary of research accomplishments, list of publications and future research and teaching plan at IIT Indore.
- Completed applications for the post of Associate Professor should be sent by email to [email protected]
- Completed applications for post of Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (oncontract) should be sent by e-mail to the concerned Head:
- Centre for Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering: [email protected]