ICT Mumbai Exclusively hiring for Teaching Faculties with salary upto Rs. 76,000/- pm | 12 Positions Available
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October, 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The Institute was most popularly known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been an integral part of ICT since its inception and it has created over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted in to an Institute on 26th January, 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004.
Applications are invited in the prescribed forms for the following tenure positions in the Institute under the DBT sponsored DBT-ICT Centre for Energy Biosciences.
- Associate Professor (4 posts);
- Assistant Professor (4 posts);
- Research Scientist (3 posts);
- Research Associate (1 post)
The scales of pay of the posts shall be as follows:
- Associate Professor: Rs. 37,400-67,000 (AGP 9000);
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 15,600-20,200 (AGP 7000);
- Research Scientist: Rs. 15,600-20,200 (AGP 7000);
- Research Associate: Rs. 36,000 + 30% HRA.
Postwise Essential and Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
Associate Professor (4 posts)
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree with first class in any Biology/Chemistry/Technology/Engineering discipline, and PhD in any branch of Biology/Chemistry/Technology/Engineering. Five years experience in teaching/industry/research at the level of lecturer or equivalent.
Assistant Professor (4 posts)
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree with first class in any Biology/Chemistry/Technology/ Engineering discipline, and PhD in any branch of Biology/Chemistry/Technology/ Engineering. Three years experience in teaching/industry/research at the level of Research Scientist or equivalent.
Research Scientist (3 posts)
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree with first class in any branch of Biology/ Chemistry / Technology/ Engineering Ph.D degree in any Biology/Chemistry/Technology/Engineering discipline or closely related area or three years experience in any of the above areas.
Research Associate (1 post)
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s and Master’s in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Technology/ Engineering, with Ph.D degree in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Technology/Engineering discipline.
Desirable Experience for all posts: In line with the current research activities and the mandate for the DBT-ICT Centre, preference will be given to the candidates with proven experience in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/ Bio-separation/Bio-process Technology/ Industrial Biotechnology/Applied chemistry
How To Apply:
- Kindly note that candidates applying for Posts are required to fill Form.
- Please note that all the advertised post are on tenure track basis.
- The application should be sent in a sealed envelope to Prof. Arvind Lali, Head, DBT-ICT Centre for Energy Biosciences, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai 400 019. Mumbai – 400 019.
The last date for submission of the Applications: 23rd September, 2016.