Attend walk-in interview for the post of Technical Assistant @ CIFT, Vishakhapatnam
The Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) set up in 1957 is the only national center in the country where research in all disciplines relating to fishing and fish processing is undertaken. The institute started functioning at Cochin in 1957. Research centers function at Veraval (Gujarat), Visakhapatnam (AP), Mumbai (Maharashtra).
Eligible candidates are invited to attend a walk-in-Interview with all relevant documents for the position of Technical Assistant on contractual basis to work in the following project at Visakhapatnam Research Centre of CIFT, Visakhapatnam, funded by Department of Bio-technology, New Delhi.
Name of the post: Technical Assistant
No. of posts: One
Name of the project: Evaluating Costs and Benefits of Prophylactic Health products and Novel Alternatives on small holder Aquaculture Farmers in Asia and Africa (IMAQulate)
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries, Microbiology, Biotechnology or Life science.
Nature of work: Work involves field trips to aquaculture farms and vendors of aquaculture inputs.
Emolument: Rs. 12,000 per month
Duration: 3 years
Age Limit: 35 years for men and 40 years for women ( Relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates)
Terms and Conditions:
- The selected candidate will be recruited on contract basis under ICAR norms. The post is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the project.
- The candidates attending the interview should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates for selection/test/appointment.
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified for the post.
- The Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects regarding the selection to the post.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit self-attested copies of all the Certificates in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, scheduled caste /scheduled tribe / OBC etc. The original certificates shall be produced for verification before the interview.
Candidates should bring detailed bio-data (in the enclosed format) affixing a recent passport size photograph and thesis /project report and publications.
Details of walk-in interview is as follows:
Walk-in Interview Details:
Date: 30th August 2016
Time: 10.00 am
Place: Vishakhapatnam Research Centre
Registration time: 8.30 am – 10.30 am