Work as a Project Assistant @ CFTRI, Mysuru | Salary: Rs. 12,000 per month
CSIR − Central Food Technological Research Institute(CFTRI), Mysore (A constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi) came into existence during 1950 with the great vision of its founders, and a network of inspiring as well as dedicated scientists who had a fascination to pursue in-depth research and development in the areas of food science and technology.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment of Project Assistant (Level-II) on a temporary contractual basis to work in the following research project:
Name of the project: NMR-based Metabolomics Studies in Phytomedicine and Nutritional research
Name of the post: Project assistant
No. of posts: One (1)
- First class M.Sc in Biochemistry or Biotechnology or Biosciences or Microbiology or Food Science or Food Science & Nutrition.
- Candidates must have good academic records and preference will be given to the candidates with prior experience in cell culture, molecular biology techniques and handling of laboratory animals.
Tenure: Initially for a period of one year but co-terminus with the project
Emoluments: Rs. 12,000 per month consolidated
Age Limit: Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 18.07.2016. Age relaxation as applicable by Gov. of India rules for SC/ST/OBC and women candidates will be considered.
Terms and conditions:
- The engagement of PA-II is exclusively for the above mentioned research work.
- The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary.
- The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
- Performance of the PA will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
- If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is
mandatory at the time of interview.
- Applications received after the deadline will be rejected
- Short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail or post
How to apply:
Eligible candidates may send their complete bio-data with e-mail address or contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification, experience etc. as hard copy to
Dr. Somashekar B.S, DST-Ramanujan Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, Cheluvamba Mansion, Opp. Railway Museum, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru- 570 020, Karnataka.
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 18 July 2016