Walk-In For SRF Position in Tumor Diagnosis Project @ CSIR-NPL, New Delhi
The National Physical Laboratory is the National Metrology Institute of india and a Premier Research Laboratory in the field of Physical Sciences. The National Physical Laboratory was conceptualized in 1943 by the Governing Body of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) , with a view to pave way for using science and technology as a means for industrial growth and development, as well as to give fillip to the fledgling Indian industry. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation stone for the laboratory on January 4, 1947 and it was one of the first National Laboratory to be set-up under the CSIR.
Job Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – Infrared spectroscopic study for tumor diagnosis-Phase II.
Tenure – Up to 07.01.2017
Job Description – Collection and analysis of cancer tissue samples.
Emoluments/Stipend per month – Rs. 18,000/-+HRA
Age as on 02.08.2016 – 32 Years
Qualifications – M.Sc. (Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Chemistry) + 2 years research experience.
- Only those Candidates who have completed the essential qualification & result has been declared are eligible to apply. Result awaited/Final semester appeared or appearing/Ph.D
submitted etc. are not eligible to apply for any post. Experience if required in any post should only be post-qualification experience.
- The total duration for which Project staff could be engaged will be five years. Where the duration of the Sponsored/Consultancy Project is less than 5 years, the services will be
co-terminus with the duration of the project. There would be no automatic shifting of Project staff from one project to another. On completion of the tenure in one project, in case, one wants to apply for engagement in another project, he/she will have to go through the process of selection by submitting a fresh application under the new project. Appointment under the new project would be made only after submission of `No Demand Certificate’ and `No Dues certificate’ in the previous project and submission of resignation from the previous project. The maximum duration, for which Project staff could be engaged in different projects taken together, will be 5 years, i.e. the total period of five years of engagement of Project staff in different projects taken together should be counted only from initial date of engagement in a project onwards. The performance of the Project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be replaced. As such, the offer of appointment will be given for short duration i.e. 6-months/1 year, which may be extended further based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
- Leave: Project staff will be entitled for one day leave for each completed month’s service.
- Reservation: As regards reservation, if all things are equal, SC/ST/OBC candidates may be given preference over General candidates so as to ensure their representation.
- Other benefits: Project Staff will be provided dispensary facility if available. Project Staff engaged as temporary project manpower shall be covered under group medical insurance
scheme offered by insurance companies and expenditure shall be debited from the project staff.
- Registration for Ph.D.: The facility for Ph.D. registration shall be allowed to those Project Staff who have worked for a minimum period of two year and have at least cleared CSIRUGC Lecturer ship (NET) or GATE examination or published 01 papers in international peer reviewed ISI indexed journals.
- There would be no component of increment etc. for Project staff and the consolidated remuneration to be paid to Project staff may be called “Stipend”.
- Candidate may apply for maximum 02 (Two) posts. Separate application may be submitted for each post code if a candidate is desirous of applying in more than 01 (One) Post.
- Mode of Selection: The candidates will be shortlisted for interview by a duly constituted Screening Committee. Only the short-listed candidates will be interviewed by Selection Committee.
- In case the final certificates reflect CGPA, GPA, etc in that case the candidate should convert the same in to equivalent percentage as per the approved formula of the
university in the application and a copy of such conversion formula must be attached alongwith the application.
- Relaxation of age for SC/ST/ OBC /PWD /Women: Age limit for Project staff shall be as advertised with five years relaxation for statutory groups and women
- Eligible candidates may appear together with downloaded application form duly filled-up, for “Floating (Walk-in) Interview” on 02nd August, 2016 between 09.00 AM to 10.00 AM (candidate will not be entertained after 10.00 AM under any circumstance) in the Auditorium of the laboratory, with complete application giving the full details inclusive of marks starting from secondary examination onwards along with latest passport size photograph,
original and self attested copies of all certificates/testimonials.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD should bring copies of certificates in the proper format issued by the appropriate authority as per the latest instructions issued on the subject.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the interview.
- Date of Interview – 02nd August 2016
- Time of Interview – 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – CSIR-NATIONAL PHYSICAL LABORATORY, Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi – 110012