Apply For IISER Pune Postdoctoral Research Associate – Benefits Include Monthly Stipend of Rs 40,000/- pm
IISER Pune Postdoctoral Research Associate
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Research Associate (PRAs) positions at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune, India.
- These positions are open for candidates with 0-5 years of experience after the submission of their PhD thesis.
- Candidates should provide evidence of having carried out high quality research.
- Appointments will be made for two years at a time with a maximum tenure of three years.
Benefits include a monthly stipend of 40,000 INR (30,000 INR for those who have submitted their PhD thesis and have not yet been awarded a PhD), 30% house rent allowance (or housing provided by the institute) and a contingency grant of 1,00,000 INR per year that can be used for national/international travel, purchasing books, computers, etc.
PRAs can either work independently or may be associated with a specific group depending upon their research interests and infrastructural support/supervision required to carry out research. PRAs in Mathematics will be expected to teach one course each semester. For details of research pursued at IISER Pune, please visit http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/header/research
How to Apply :
Candidates may apply by email by sending the following documents to [email protected]
1) A covering letter that mentions the discipline (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics) you would like to be considered in. A list of up to three faculty members at IISER Pune with whom you would like to be associated. You must contact the faculty (s) of interest prior to application. For experimental proposals, only consulted and mutually agreeable projects will be decided.
2) A detailed academic CV including a complete list of publications.
3) A statement of research interests (Research Proposal): You should submit a short research proposal not exceeding 2 pages including the origin and significance of the problem, the objectives and research methodology (excluding bibliography and figures).
Candidates should also arrange for at least three letters of recommendation to be sent to the email address mentioned above. Complete applications would be considered in January and August of each year; the deadlines are January 1 and August 1, respectively. Candidates who are short-listed based on the quality of their CV, research proposal and letters of recommendation would be interviewed, either in person or by video link, before the final selection is made.
Last Date to Apply : 1st August, 2016