12 Faculty Posts Available @ Tripura University | Salary upto Rs. 76,000/- pm
Tripura University invites applications from Indian Nationals for filling up the following teaching positions. This is a Rolling Advertisement. Hence, applicants can send their applications throughout the year and depending on the need of the University and availability of suitable candidates, interviews will be conducted periodically.
Applications received from the eligible candidates up to 30th June, 2016 shall be considered for the first phase of interview. Applications received after 30th June, 2016 upto 31st December, 2016 shall be considered for the second phase of interview depending on the availability of vacant position. The University shall update the next cutoff date and vacancy positions periodically. The vacancy positions/reservations are mentioned below:
Post Title: Professor
- Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics-1(UR)
- Forestry & Biodiversity-1(UR)
Salary: Rs. 37,400-67,000, GP-10000
Post Title: Associate Professor
- Chemistry-1(UR), 1(SC)
- Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics-1(UR)
- Forestry & Biodiversity-1(UR)
Salary: Rs. 37,400-67,000, GP-9000
Post Title: Assistant Professor
- Microbiology-1(UR), 1(SC)
Salary: Rs. 15,600-39,100
N.B.: UR-Unreserved, SC-Scheduled Cast. ST-Scheduled Tribe, OBC-Other Backward Class, PwD-Person with Disability, OH-locomotors disability. VH-visual impairment
- The eligibility criteria for all posts shall be in accordance with the UGC Regulation, 2010, UGC Regulation (Second Amendment), 2013 and as amended from time to time by UGC & MHRD. Depending on the Subject, the eligibility criteria prescribed by other appropriate regulatory bodies, such as NCTE (education and school of education, physical education), AICTE (all engineering and technology, business management, pharmacy, fine arts), Pharmacy Council, etc will also be followed.
- Incomplete application will not be entertained and shall be rejected; no further correspondence will be made in this regard.
- Candidates in service should submit application through proper channel or enclose “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” from their present employer. An advance copy may be sent clearly marked as on “advance copy”.
- Mere submission of application / satisfying the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. University reserves the right to shortlist the applications and call for interview. The University also reserves the right to reject the candidature of the candidate at any stage of recruitment / selection process on grounds of submission of false, tampered, fabricated data/certificate/testimonials or suppression of any information.
- Shortlisting of the applications will be done by the screening committee/s appointed by the University as per the criteria in 1 above. For the assistant professor positions short listing of applications will be made on the basis of “academic score”. The rules for calculating the “academic score” as developed by the University will be uploaded in the University Website.
- University reserves the right to consider names of suitable candidates Who may not apply formally.
- Candidate should furnish their land line number, mobile phone number and email id. Otherwise, application will be rejected. If there is any change in the address. email, mobile phone number after submission of application, the candidates should inform the University accordingly.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one post should submit separate application for each position.
- Reservation Policy of Government of India shall be followed for candidates belonging to the category of SCs, STs and OBCs and as per instructions of MHRD and UGC. Candidates willing to be considered against any reserved category should tick the appropriate category column in the application form and furnish requisite documentary proof. Otherwise, their candidature shall be considered against unreserved post provided they have paid necessary application fee and are otherwise eligible. Any representation for change of category status after submission of application will not be considered under any circumstances. Relaxation of marks shall be given to reserved category candidates as per norms.
- Reservation is available for Persons with disabilities under section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & full Participation) Act, 1995. As reservation for physically challenged candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/UR). PWO candidates claiming the benefits of reservations should submit a copy of Medical Certificate as specified in the disabilities Act of 1995 in support of their claim of disability.
- The application form should be preferably typed or computer printed and signed by the candidate. The filled application form with all attachments must be spiral bound so that no pages/documents get lost in handling. Tripura University is not responsible for missing pages or attachments.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other purpose.
- The University reserves the right to postpone / cancel this recruitment process for any / all the posts without assigning any reason.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed Second Class Railway fare through shortest route on production of relevant tickets only. Bus fare shall be reimbursed only if there is no rail connectivity.
- Canvassing in any form in favour of candidature both direct and indirect is strictly prohibited. Violation of this code of conduct will be treated as misconduct and will be brought to the notice of selection committee concerned. The University reserves the right to cancel candidature of such candidates at any point of time if found canvassing.
- Application form can be downloaded from the University website: www.tripurauniv.in.
- Application fee for all teaching positions is Rs. 300/- for General and OBC candidates. The candidates belonging the ST/SC/PwD category & Women need not pay application fee. Application fee is to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favor of Registrar, Tripura University payable at SBI, Tripura University Campus (Code:10495) or may remit the requisite fees to SBI A/C No. 35548204468, IFSC code – SBIN0010495 through Net Banking and attach a proof of the transaction made.
- Appointment made to the Posts against LIEN vacancy are likely to be regularized subject to vacation of lien and satisfactory performance.
- Retired persons with age between 60 and 65 years may apply for Professor and Associate Professor positions satisfying the requirements in 1 above. Adjunct, Emeritus and Visiting Professor Positions are also available as per the rules of UGC for retired persons.
- Those who applied for different positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the School of Education in the advertisement no. F.TU/01/2015 dated 03.02.2015 need not apply again. However, all such applicants may update their bio-data clearly marked with their name, address, category and the post applied for together with the updated information.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates fill up the application form and submit in a sealed cover superscribed with “Post Applied For ” with advertisement No. etc. to the Registrar, Tripura University, Suryamaninagar-799022.
Application Deadline: Open Post (Rolling Advertisement) From 30th June, 2016 upto 31st December, 2016