Walk-In For Project Assistant / Fellow Post in DBT Project @ IISER Mohali
As a centre of academic excellence, IISER Mohali has as its mission the imparting of quality science education and the inculcating of the spirit of research through innovative teaching and research methodologies. It is this unique combination that renders IISER Mohali one of the premier science research institutes in the country. It fosters a group of young aspiring minds driven by curiosity and a potential for cutting-edge research. For spearheading robust scientific research, academic freedom is of utmost importance, and IISER Mohali is the fitting place in this regard. Promoting diversity, IISER Mohali welcomes a wide spectrum of disciplines, cutting across disciplinary boundaries. The institute provides students with a platform for interdisciplinary research which not only gives them a well-rounded perspective but also helps them keep in view the sociological relevance of science education and research.
Job Title – Project Assistant/Fellow
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – Investigating the role of a novel transcriptional regulator, DgoR, in the regulation of Long Chain Fatty Acid (LCFA) metabolism in Escherichia coli
Duration – One year (extendable after review)
Emoluments – Candidates who have cleared any of the national tests like CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / JEST etc with valid score are eligible to draw emoluments of Rs. 25,000/- + 10% HRA p.m. others will be eligible for Rs.15,000 (consolidated) p.m.
- M.Sc. /B. Tech or equivalent degree in any branch of life sciences with minimum 65% marks. Research experience in microbiology, bacterial genetics and physiology, molecular biology, and biochemistry is highly desirable. Candidates who have qualified any of the national tests like CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / JEST etc with valid score will be eligible for Project Fellow position. Others will be eligible for Project Assistant position.
- Applicants should appear for a walk-in interview on June 24, 2016, in office 3F8, Academic Block I, IISER Mohali.
- Applicants should bring a detailed bio-data (three copies), educational testimonials from class 10th onwards, proof of date of birth, proof of experience (if any) e.g., summaries of projects done and experience certificate of previous projects, and certificate of qualifying national test like CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / JEST etc (if any).
Dr. Rachna Chaba
Office 3F2, Academic Block 1
Department of Biological Sciences
IISER Mohali, Sector 81
Email: [email protected]
- Date of Interview – 24th June 2016
- Time of Interview – 09:30 AM
- Venue of Interview – The interested candidates should report in the office of Department of Biological Sciences (3rd level, Academic Block 1)