Post Doctoral Fellowship To Women Candidates By UGC – Govt of India
The UGC has changed the name of the old scheme “Part Time Research Associateship for Women” as “Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women candidates”. The unemployed women candidates holding Ph.D. degree in their respective subject areas with an aim to accelerate the talented instincts of the women candidates to carry out the advanced studies and research.
The objective of this award is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in science, engineering and technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian Universities and Colleges recognized under Section 2 (f) and fit to receive assistance under section 12(B)of the UGC Act 1956/Institutes of National Importance established by the Central/State Government.
The candidate should not be more than 55 years of age as on 1st July of the year of application. The total duration of the fellowship is five years. There shall be reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates as per provision of the constitution and instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. 55% marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level in case of general/open category, while for reserved category candidates, those will be 50% at UG level and 55% at PG level respectively. Age up to 55 years for the candidates belonging to general/open category and that will be 60 years for reserved category/minority community. Only Ph.D awarded unemployed candidates will be eligible for the award of Post Doctoral Fellowship.
i) The candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
ii) In case of general/open category, 55% marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level.
iii)For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH) candidates, 50% at UG level and 55% at PG level.
iv) The upper age limit for applicants is 55 years for the candidates belonging to general/open category and 60 years for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Minority communities, as on 1st July on the year of application.
NATURE OF ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE UNDER THE SCHEME:
The number of slots available under the scheme are 100 per year The tenure of the award is five years with no provision for further extension.
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows :
@ Rs. 20,000/- p.m After 2 years
@Rs.38,800/–p.m. for fresh candidates.
@Rs.46,500/–p.m. for research experienced holders.
|Contingency A||@Rs.50,000/-p.a. for five years|
|Departmental Assistance||10% of Post Doctoral Fellowship to the host institution|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||@ Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of physically disabled & blind candidates|
Medical : No separate/fixed medical assistance is provided. However, the Post Doctoral Fellow may avail of the medical facilities available in the University/Institution/ College.
Leave: Leave for maximum period of 30 days in a year in addition to public holidays may be
taken by the Post Doctoral Fellow with the approval of the Head of Department. However, they are not entitled to any other vacations, such as summer, winter and pooja vacations. Women candidates are eligible for maternity leave at full rates of the fellowship for 6th pay, 180 days as per. Government of India rules once during the tenure of their award. The fellow in special cases may be allowed by the Commission leave without fellowship and contingency for a period not exceeding three months during the tenure of award on the recommendation of the Head of department of the institution concerned. The period of leave without fellowship will be counted towards the tenure.
Procedure for applying for the scheme
Application are invited through on line mode once in a year through advertisement in leading
newspapers & employment news. Short notification is also uploaded in the UGC website.
Procedure for Approval by the UGC
The online applications received will be scrutinized by the screening committee. Later, the
short listed candidates will be called to appear before the selection committee, constituted by the Commission. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview to the candidates. The decision of the Commission will be final. The award is subject to UGC guidelines and will be effective from the actual date of joining in the University/Institution. The last date for joining the award is on month from the date of issue of this letter, failing which the award will be treated as cancelled. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
Procedure for release of grant by the UGC It may be noted that the fellowship amount shall be disbursed through Canara Bank to the bank account of the awardee, (any bank) directly. The list of designated branches of Canara Bank is available on the UGC portal www.ugc.ac.in. THe detailed breakup of the amount of fellowship/Contingency/Departmental Assistance is given in Annexure-I.The awardee is required to approach the designated branch along with a Copy of the Award Letter and Joining Report with photograph, address and contact number in the prescribed proforma Annexure-II The awardee is also required to submit the following documents to the designated branch of the Canara Bank at the stipulated period interval:
1. At the end of every three months a ‘Continuation Certificate’ in the prescribed proforma. Annexure-III . This will make the awardee eligible to draw the fellowship for the next three months.
2. After completion of one year of the award of fellowship, the concerned fellow/awardee shall submit and present its Progress Report in the proforma prescribed by the UGC as given in Annexure-IV .
3. The Fellow/awardee shall also submit and present accounts of contingency grants in the proforma prescribed by the UGC as given in Annexure-V .
4. Fellow/awardee shall submit and present its HRA Certificate in the prescribed proforma Annexure-VI .
5. Escorts & Reader’s Assistance, Departmental Assistance is given in Annexure-VII .
It may be noted that UGC has proposed to link “AADHAAR” with student’s bank accounts numbers so that there can be direct cash transfer and effective disbursal of scholarship into the bank account of the student. In this regard Secretary, UGC has already requested to universities for helping the students for Aadhaar Enrolment vide his D.O. letter No.F.14-34/2011(CPP-I) dated 11-01-2013. Please note that the award is liable to be cancelled and it will also attract legal action against the awardee in the following cases:
i)If the awardee is found to be ineligible to receive the award, at any point of time during the entire duration of the fellowship
ii)Misconduct of Awardee
iii)Unsatisfactory progress of research work of the awardee
iv)Any other fellowship is drawn from other source(s).
v)Concealment of facts and on any other ground of misconduct.
In order to provide easy accessibility, all the details of the scheme, its requirements, all the prescribed proforma for submission of the documents along with the details of the designated branches of Canara Bank are available on the UGC portal www.ugc.ac.in/pdfw
Procedure for monitoring the Progress of the Scheme
- If she wishes to leave the associateship before the end of the tenure, it should be done with prior approval of the Commission as per the requirements of the undertaking given by the associate. For appearing in any examination conducted by any university or public body, the prior approval of the Commission should be obtained.
- An annual progress report of the research work done by the associate may be examined by a departmental research committee constituted by the university/institute and recommendations/comments of the committee may be sent to this office for consideration. In case the progress of the work is found unsatisfactory, the award may be terminated by the Commission at any time during the tenure of the award. The decision of the Commission in this regard will be final.
- The associate shall not accept or hold any appointment, paid or otherwise, or receive any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the award. However, no extension is permissible beyond the total period five years, at the end of which period the awardee ceases to be a UGC part-time research associate with immediate effect. Any claim/reference to this effect will be illegal and the individual may have to face disciplinary action
There shall be reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates as per provision of the constitution and instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. As per decision of the Chairman, UGC vide F.No. 15-1/2008(SA-II) dated 06.07.2010: The candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH categories having 50% marks at UG level and 55% marks at PG level and upto the age of 60 years are eligible to apply under the Scheme. The candidates belonging to Minority category upto the age of 60 are eligible to apply under the Scheme. Only Ph.D. awarded unemployed candidates will be eligible for the award of Post Doctoral Fellowship. The candidates uploaded the relevant certificate at the time of submitted the online application.
Cancellation of Award
The fellowship is liable to cancellation, in case of:
- Unsatisfactory progress of research work
- Candidate is later found ineligible
Last date to Apply : 30/6/2016