Work as RA @ Lala Lajpat Rai University| Earn upto Rs. 40,000/- pm
An Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences has been established in pursuance of the Haryana Act No. 7 of 2010 notified on 7th April, 2010. The new University has been named in the cherished memory of Lala Lajpat Rai, a great patriot, the foremost freedom fighter, an ardent social reformer and a versatile writer. Lala Lajpat Rai, popularly known as “Punjab Kesri”, did his early legal practice at Hisar and also served as a Member and Secretary of the Hisar Municipality. The College of Veterinary Sciences and the College of Animal Sciences, earlier the constituent colleges of CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar has now been incorporated in this newly established University. The college of Animal Sciences is merged into College of Veterinary Sciences.
Name of the Project & Name of scheme: Development of diagnostic system, reference collections & molecular epidemiology studies for important arboviral pathogens of livestock India C(g) ABT-5-OA code No. 5020
Name of the post: Research Associate
No. of Posts: One
Emoluments: Rs. 36,000/- per month + HRA as per University norms for 1st year, Rs. 38,000/- per month + HRA as per University norms for 2nd year & Rs. 40,000/- per month + HRA as per University norms for 3rd year
Discipline: Animal Biotechnology
Duration of post: Co-terminus with the project (for 3 years)
Essential qualifications: For mainly involving field work:
- M.Sc. Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Zoology with minimum 60% Marks or equivalent
- Ph.D degree or having 3 years research, teaching experience after M.Sc. Biotechnology/ Microbiology/Zoology with at least one research paper in SCI journal
Desirable qualifications: Research experience in Molecular Biology
Age (upper age limit): 40 years for men, 45 years for women (Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in case of SC/ST & PH Categories with 45 years age for in-service candidate of Agricultural Universities.
Principal investigator: Dr. (Mrs.) Sushila Maan
Place of posting: Department of Animal Biotechnology, COVS, LUVAS, Hisar
Terms and Conditions:
- The appointment will be co-terminus with project. However, in case the work and conduct is not found satisfactory, the services can be terminated at any time after giving due opportunity of being heard to the concerned employee. If the selected candidate wants to leave, he/she can do so after giving one month notice in writing to the University/department.
- On account of paucity of funds, the services can be terminated.
- He/she will be entitled to TA/DA as per rules.
- On expiry of the term of project, He/she will be relieved and the university/department will not be responsible for his/her adjustment in the university.
- He/she will not be regular employee of the university and would not be entitled for any CPF/GPF or any other benefit admissible to the regular employee.
- He/she will be required to produce a medical certificate to fitness from the CMO of this university at the time of joining.
- He/she would report for duty within 10 days from the date to issue of the order failing which his/her appointment will be treated as with drawn.
- His/her place of work will be Department of Animal Biotechnology, COVS, LUVAS, Hisar.
- He/she will be required to execute an agreement on non-judicial stamp papers of Rs. 15/- before he/she is allowed to join the post.
How to apply:
The applications complete in all respect should be sent to and received in office of the undersigned latest by 26.05.2016 up to 1.30 PM.
Interview will be held on 27.05.2016 at 10.00 AM in the office of Director of Research, LUVAS, Hisar.
No separate letter for interview will be issued. No TA/DA will be paid for the interview. Original certificates will be required to be produced/shown at the time of interview. (Please also bring certified true copies of the original certificates to be submitted to the University).
Last date for receipt of hard copy of applications: 26th May, 2016
Date, time and venue of interview: 27.05.2016 at 10.00 AM in the office of Director of Research, LUVAS, Hisar