Work as JRF in DST-SERB Project @ NIT, Rourkela
National Institute of Technology Rourkela, formerly Regional Engineering College Rourkela (REC Rourkela), is a publicly funded institute of higher learning for engineering and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely
time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the
Title – Junior Research Fellow
- No.Of.Post(s) – ONE
- Project Title – “To study the effect of major immunodominant antigens of mycobacteria on calcimycin-induced autophagy in infected macrophages”
- Sponsoring Agency – SERB, DST, Government of India
- Tenure of the Project – April, 2016 to April, 2019
- Tenure of the Assignment – 3 year, extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Job Description – Research work related to project.
- Consolidated monthly compensation/fellowship – Rs. 25,000/- PM, 1 st and 2nd year RS. 28,000/- PM, 3 rd year
- Essential – M.Sc. in Life Science, Botany, Biotechnology, microbiology, Biochemistry and allied biological sciences with 60% marks and with valid NET or GATE
- Desirable – Prior working experience in animal tissue culture
How To Apply:
- Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with coloured photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 25.05.2016.
- The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date of interview.
- Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project.
- For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address:
- Name : Prof. Rohan Dhiman
- Address : Department of Life Science National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769 008
- Tel. No : 8594828323, 0661-2462780
- E-mail : [email protected], [email protected]
Application Deadline – 25th May 2016