Walk-In Interview for JRF Position @ ICAR- National Rice Research Institute
CRRI is one of the institutes of ICAR under Crop Science Division. The Institute has two research stations, one at Hazaribag, Jharkhand for carrying out rice research on rainfed upland ecologies and the other at Gerua, Assam for carrying out rice research on flood prone rainfed lowland ecologies. Two Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) also function under the administrative control of CRRI. The KVKs are located at Santhapur, Cuttack, Odisha and Jainagar, Koderma, Jharkhand.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No of Posts– ONE
Project Title – “Marker-assisted introgression of yield-enhancing genes to increase yield potential in rice” (EAP-223)
Rate of Fellowship/Remuneration –
- Rs. 25,000/- pm + 20% HRA for 1st and 2nd Year
- Rs. 28,000/- pm + 20% HRA from 3rd Year onwards as per rules.
Age Limit – 35 Years for Men and 40 Years for Women
Duration – Up to 31st March 2017 which is like;y too be extended on an annual basis.
- Essential – P.G. in basic sciences (Biotechnology/Life Science/Physiology/Biochemistry/Botany/Bioinformatics) with 3 years bachelor’s degree with NET/GATE conducted by the Central Government Dept./agencies
- P.G. in professiona sciences (M.Tech Biotechnology) with 3 years bachelor’s degree and 2 years master’s degree or 3 years bachelor’s degree with 3 years master’s degree.
- Ph.D in Biotechnology/Life Science/Physiology/Biochemistry/Botany/Bioinformatics with experience.
- Desirable – Working experience in Molecular Biology/Plant Breeding/Bioinformatics
Terms and Conditions:
- The above position is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the scheme/project. The services of appointed candidates will stand terminated automatically after expiry of the scheme/project or completion of period indicated in the selection offer, whichever is earlier and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in NRRI/ICAR. The above age limits are relaxable for SC/ST and OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
- Eligible candidates desirous to be considered for the above mentioned position are advised to bring one copy of their bio-data along with Xerox copies of all the certificates and marks sheets affixing recent photograph there on together with original copies of educational certificate/ mark sheet/ experience certificate (matriculation onwards) NET/GATE/Ph.D and appear for a walk-in interview comprising of written-cum-personal interview on prescribed date, time and place.
- Director NRRI, reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of position and also to cancel the recruitment process for the position mentioned above. Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
- No TA and DA for appearing in the interview are admissible.
- No Candidate will be entertained strictly after 10:00 AM
- If currently employed, candidate will have to furnish no-objection certificate from the current employer for appearing in the walk-in interview.
- Canvassing in any for will render the candidate disqualified for the position
- Date of Interview – 30th May 2016
- Time of Interview – 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – ICAR – National Rice Research Institute, Cuttack