Summer Training Programme for UG & PG Students @ ICAR-IIWBR
Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research (IIWBR) through All India Coordinated Wheat and Barley Improvement Project (AICW & BIP) is coordinating the multidisciplinary and multilocational activities of varietal improvement, resource management and crop protection technologies across the diverse ecosystems for increasing and stabilizing the barley production. As a nodal institute. IIWBR facilitates planning, exchange of experimental material, monitoring the trial/activities, data compilation and documentation.In addition to this, as a key component of national steering Committee, the IIWBR plays a crucial role in formulating strategies to ensure sustainable improvement in the productivity of Rice-Wheat System. Adoption of molecular approach to complement conventional wheat improvement programme is one of the recent initiatives taken up by IIWBR through a research network project. Research capabilities and facilities are being strengthened through various network projects to enhance output of competent research centers under AICW & BIP. In the year 2014 Directorate of Wheat Research has been upgraded to an Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research by ICAR.
Academic Training for B.Sc. / B.Tech/ M.Sc. / M.Tech. candidates from
9th June to 8th July, 2016
About the Training Programme:
An academic training is being organized at the ICAR-Indian Institute of Wheat & Barley Research in the field of Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Plant Pathology for undergraduate and postgraduate (Masters) students from 9th June to 8th July, 2016 with the schedule provided along with this circular.Only limited number of seats are available and hence merely applying does not guarantee selection for the training. Appropriate criteria, depending upon the total number of applications received by the due date, will be utilized for screening the applications.
- Application having been received on or before the due date ie. 4th June, 2016 will only be considered.
- Application having proper letter of request from / forwarded by the concerned authority of the college / University will only be entertained.
- Limited number of students from specific discipline from a particular college will be selected, so as to accommodate students from different colleges / institutes / universities.
- Fee charges: The student shall be charged a fee of Rs. 10,000/- (+ VAT) for training not leading to a dissertation / degree. However, a fee of Rs. 20,000/ (+ VAT shall be charged for training / research / dissertation upto 3 months in cases other than (1) above.
- During the training, all the candidates will be required to abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute and anyone found violating it should be liable to be expelled from the Institute.
- No refund in such cases shall be made.
- The candidate should ensure by himself /herself the boarding and lodging.
How to apply:
Application for the Training work shall be sent and any further correspondences / clarifications, can be had from Dr. RK Gupta, Director, ICAR-IIWBR, Karnal-132 001; Email: [email protected]
- Last date for receipt of the applications- 4th June, 2016
- Selection letter of candidates will be issued by- 5th June, 2016 for which proper email address and mobile phone number of the candidate should be mentioned on the application
- Last date for depositing fee and candidate’s joining the scheduled dissertation work- 9th June, 2016