SRF Vacancy @ ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute | Attend Walk-In Interview
The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936. Post independence, the institute has been renamed as Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI).
Title – Senior Research Fellow
No.Of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – “Understanding the mechanisms of tolerance to low light intensity in rice”
Funding Agency – NASF (ICAR);
Project Duration – April 2016 – March 2019
Emoluments – Rs. 25,000/- + 30% HRA p.m. for 2 years and 28000/- + 30% HRA p.m. in 3rd year.
- Essential – Post Graduate degree in Biotechnology/ Plant Physiology/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Life Sciences (preferably plant science) from a recognized University with NET/MHRD-GATE qualification OR Post Graduate degree in relevant Professional courses
- Two years of research experience.
- (For eligibility, refer to ICAR memorandum F.No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 13.07.2015 and F.No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 09.10.2015)
- Desirable – Hands on experience in physiological, biochemical and molecular techniques, proficiency in computer skills.
Terms and Conditions:
- Age limit: Maximum age is 35 years for SRF (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC).
- The posts are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis initially up to March 2017, extendable till the termination of the project subject to satisfactory performance.
- The candidate shall not claim regular appointment at this Institute, as the post is co-terminus with the project.
- The candidates will have to compulsorily bring the filled in application form (as per the format annexed), all the original certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certificate, NET/equivalent certificate, degree certificate either original or provisional and one set of the selfattested photocopies of all the required certificates from matriculation onwards and an attested copy of recent passport size photograph pasted onto the application form. Proof of experience and publications also need to be submitted.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Only the candidates meeting essential qualifications would be interviewed.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination of such candidates.
- The candidates are required to submit the application at the time of interview as per the format annexed along with the declaration.
- The candidates have to strictly submit the form annexed (typed/filled) duly signed and submit on the date of interview.
- Reporting time for interview: 9:00-10.00 AM at Division of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi – 110012
- Date of Interview – 30th May 2016
- Time of Interview – 10:00 A.M.
- Venue of Interview – Committee Room, Division of Plant Physiology, IARI, New Delhi 110 012.